Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does the iphone become slow?

Unhappy Does the iphone become slow?
    I modified my iPhone and I have a question
    does everyones iphone lag after you slide to unlock? When i slide to unlock and everything pops up and i press any icon it takes a while to pop up. Can anyone let me know how to speed it up?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

I've seen a couple people have this issue, although I have never personally experienced it. I am unsure as to the fix.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

djlocisdope (09-18-2007)

Unhappy .
    i seems as if it loads all the mods including that little star burst first then after that loads i can press any icon

Quote Originally Posted by djlocisdope View Post
    i seems as if it loads all the mods including that little star burst first then after that loads i can press any icon
    The issue is that .. well .. u r low on RAM ..
    Most of the built in Apple apps take up a lot of RAM (Relative to the phone's limited amount of RAM)
    if u open up mobile terminal, type 'top'
    u will see how much RAM u got left, and how much of it is being used up by other apps.

At the end of the day, kill what u don't need.

note the thread id for the apps that u wish to kill while in 'top'
    press 'q' to exit top.
    then type kill appThreadID

i find the music app is a monster as well ... so is summerboard
    Best Regards

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pengcm For This Useful Post:

djlocisdope (09-18-2007)

thanks I'll try that out. Music app? Which one is that one? If I kill summer board will it still skip the fourth row on the spring board?

I typed top on the terminal and it showed the summer board but said error opening? Do you happen to know what that may mean?

I think I got it now. But I just don't understand what it all means. I see it say cpu usage but does not say anything after that. And it shows mobile phone twice. When i kill something can i load it back up?

it also says in the process section 2-3 running and 28-29 sleeping. Can I get rid of processes that are sleeping?

the first item says top, sh, term-vt100, mobile safa, mobile mail, mobile phon, mobile phon. Which one shall I get rid of?
    Last edited by djlocisdope; 09-18-2007 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sounds like we need someone to dev a task manager for the iPhone! Doesn't sound too tough - display list of processes with ability to kill unused apps. Better yet, set up rules to auto-kill certain applications when they loose focus. Keep er memory nice and clean with only foreground and critical system processes going....

My iphone is a little more sluggish when I have dock loaded. When i unload it the iphone gets a little snappier.

I havent had the problem.. yet =]

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    I havent had the problem.. yet =]

Your lying!............j/k

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

why do i get a terminal error?
    mod edit, old signature removed

mine and a friends was really sluggish when we had every app on our phones, last night i restored and just installed "dock, installer, finder, summerboard" and it works just as fast as it did stock. Much better than with every other utility running on the iPhone
    Hit Thanks!

I found that after installing a few apps,
    it takes longer to reboot.
    About 10 to 15 seconds longer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

mine is alitle slower but the battery drains super fast. I just got a new iPhone and after 5 hours, I was at 20% and i didnt even use it. SSH was running though. Only have Summerboard and some other light things running as well

Rippey

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mrrippey For This Useful Post:

djlocisdope (09-19-2007)

does anyone know what apps hog up lots of CPU?

Considering the iPhone has only 128MB RAM, I say it's holding up pretty good.

important, close safari tabs if u don't need them.
    Best Regards

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pengcm For This Useful Post:

AndyG (09-19-2007)

check the permission on the lockdown file in usr/libexec. Make sure its 755 otherwise you phone constantly lags for 30sec.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to filippb For This Useful Post:

zoneguru (09-23-2007)

how come?
    Best Regards

Because if you put the lockdown file with SSH instead of iBrickr then the permission in on 644. For some reason your phone lags alot if thats the issue. Some one give it a try, SSH into a working phone change permision to 644 on the lockdown file, restart the phone, see what happens. don't worry you will be able to SSH back and put proper permision.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to filippb For This Useful Post:

zoneguru (09-23-2007)

Can anyone give a step by step on how to do that? Im new at this

Default Iphone is super slow after anySIM and lockdown
    I have exactly same issue. However I used briker to put my lockdown file as my other SIM didn't work. (I think this is what casused the problem) but still my phone is super slow and can't even connect to itune to restore it. It hardly comes to springboard. However, if it ever comes there and if I click on general or other apps, it is responsive, but if I press home from there, it's super slow again.

I'm on PC. I don't have SSH or anything installed other than anySIM, ibriker would say phone is not connected, PCCAY would say waiting for phone. Tried to reinstall itune on my PC but nothing change. I cannot get iphone to restore mode

Any suggestions ? Thanks for your valuable post and help in advnace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast