Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: $100 IntelliScreen Design Challenge - ModMyI Exclusive

Default $100 IntelliScreen Design Challenge - ModMyI Exclusive
    IntelliScreen $100 Design Challenge

We are looking for a new design concept for IntelliScreen. We would like to implement the following:

1) Customizable Fonts/Sizes
    2) Customizable Colors
    3) More freedom in determining your custom Layout

What we need:

1) Design must include Mail, Calendar, and Weather (other elements of IntelliScreen can be included, like missed calls, or Text Messages, but these 3 items must be there).
    2) Any images used must be of your own design and be assigned to Intelliborn (we want to be able to use the design as much as possible
    3) Any suggestions on how your interface interacts with users to display the data (ie, today, IntelliScreen scrolls emails, calendars, etc).
    4) We do not need additional suggestions on new data to display (ie, showing stock quotes - it's on our list ).

Post your IntelliScreen (Lockscreen) design - if there's a design we like (or other members of ModMyI like) we will implement it as close as possible. The winner will receive $100 via Paypal. All submissions will be public domain and may be used by Intelliborn (= do not post it if you do not want to assign the rights to Intelliborn). Contest ends May 5, 2009.

Intelliborn will make the final decision on the winner.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Thanks

this should be interesting.

i have a question though. i've purchased a license for my 2g phone...i now have a 3g. what do i need to do to transfer the license?

Babydol - just send intelliborn support an email - they are 2 weeks out, but should be caught up in the next 2 days or so. With Rock Your Phone, you'll never have to worry about transfer - your license is on your email account (RockID) - not your iPhone .
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Except there mostly are complaints about "rock your phone" in this forum.

I know there were issues - I can't say any release of any app is 100% smooth , especially a new platform with worldwide support. All issues have been resolved with Rock Your Phone.

psuskeels,

I think its great you are looking for other designs. I think it might be better to just allow for full skinning of the information displayed. I also think options for a minimal display icon bar along with full displays of information.
    I would love the ability to display a collapsed view, and once you select the collapsed line, it expands information (Similar to the images below) Fully skin-able (Font Size, Colors, placement, Default view (Expanded or collapsed), An Minimal Icon View Line etc.)

A few examples:

Collapsed View - Skinnable to show collapsed or Expanded view by default.

EXPANDED View

Minimal Icon View - Can have both the above detailed views and have a Quickview Icon line off all displayed "services"

These are just screen grabs of Homescreen 2.0 which I like. The more customizable Intelliscreen can be the better! I can see it now, a new forum of Intelliscreen Skins.
    Last edited by interstink; 04-20-2009 at 09:45 AM.

So one person gets what you guys make when 10 people purchase your product. And everyone else just gives you free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by the_red_chimp View Post
    So one person gets what you guys make when 10 people purchase your product. And everyone else just gives you free stuff.
    What does this mean?

It means that your work now belongs to them. If you don't win, you get nothing, but they still get to keep your work, and if you do win then they have to spend a very small sum and your work still isn't yours.

It means that your work now belongs to them. If you don't win, you get nothing, but they still get to keep your work, and if you do win then they have to spend a very small sum and your work still isn't yours.
    Oh... You must be new to the world of design and have certainly never read the fine print of a forum! Go educate yourself before you start spewing nonsense. This "contest" is to better the Intelliscreen product more then making money. The fact that there will be a winner is what bothers you most.
    Last edited by interstink; 04-20-2009 at 10:34 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to interstink For This Useful Post:

skeels (04-20-2009)

I like Interstinks mockup. I would love to have current weather conditions with the graphic (cloudy/sun) on the lock screen. Then I wouldnt have to use Winterboard for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I agree. Its a win win situation for them because they get a new design for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by interstink View Post
    Oh... You must be new to the world of design and have certainly never read the fine print of a forum! Go educate yourself before you start spewing nonsense. This "contest" is to better the Intelliscreen product more then making money. The fact that there will be a winner is what bothers you most.

Sorry bro but it is always about making money. But I am not hating on them. I applaud the fact that they will be able to get multiple design ideas for free and only have to pay $100 for their ultimate design. Intelliscreen this is a brilliant idea (wish I could figure out a contest for my business like this). Good Job!

Right, you're bettering their product for free. I guess the "world of design" I'm used to involves getting paid for your work if someone else is going to turn around and sell it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

I too like the collapsed/expanded idea posted above. What might be really cool is having an "integrated" calendar and weather (for the "home" weather) so that on the calendar, a small icon/temp would show for the weather forecast for that day. There was something similar on Windows mobile with SPB Diary and Weather combined.

And FWIW, I had major issues with RYP and IS in the early versions....I have given it another try and it has been flawless for several versions now. Pretty much like any new software I'd say.

Right, you're bettering their product for free. I guess the "world of design" I'm used to involves getting paid for your work if someone else is going to turn around and sell it.
    So you would agree just Full Theme support is more what you would like to see? That way you can design your own screen and keep it to yourself or SELL it for profit like all those winterboard themes you have to pay for.

Ultimately, what ever design or path they choose, im sure there will be things I wont like - FULL Theme/Skin support is a must have!

I fully support this developer's decision no matter what, and will continue to enjoy Intelliscreen!

This is entirely different.

With winterboard, you have free software, that people freely design things for.

With Intelliscreen, they charge you 10 bucks and now expect the community they're selling to to design parts of their product for them, for no compensation, unless they're the one special individual that makes the cut for their contest.

The parallels you're drawing are non-existant.

The rest of your post is just babbling and I think you're purposefully missing what I'm actually saying.

With Intelliscreen, they charge you 10 bucks and now expect the community they're selling to to design parts of their product for them, for no compensation, unless they're the one special individual that makes the cut for their contest.
    Ok red_chimp...

Intelliborn is not expecting YOU to get involved, just those that dont mind offering talent to improve what is otherwise a great product.

Thanks

Ok red_chimp...

Intelliborn is not expecting YOU to get involved, just those that dont mind offering talent to improve what is otherwise a great product.
    I think the issue is this: Why pay professionsl designers to design a UI when you can get a bunch of kids to do it, for whom $100 is probably 6 month's allowance
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I think the issue is this: Why pay professionsl designers to design a UI when you can get a bunch of kids to do it, for whom $100 is probably 6 month's allowance
    The other issue being people need to stop being obtuse and dense on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    This is just a display option, not the Application UI. I think it's nice for a developer to allow its customers an opportunity to help in the design. If that is an issue for you, dont get involved. I just cant understand why this is such a big deal for some of you. If you dont like the idea, just dont bother submitting a mockup of what you would like to see on your lock-screen.
    Sounds like you just have some anger towards this developer and are looking for any forum to vent.

I suggested to develop full Skin/theme support. I personally, would rather customize the display to my specifications. Not all applications allow for Theme Support, but I think Intelliscreen deserves it.

NOTE TO DEVELOPER: Obviously this is not what you expected in response to your original post. I wouldn't let a small minority sour what is otherwise a nice idea. What better way to get ideas then to look to your valued customers. Maybe theme support is in fact the best way to satisfy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast