+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone wouldn't turn on

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
OK here's the deal I'm running firmware 1.02 and Summerboard 2.0 for the last 5 days and evertything was fine. I turned the phone on this morning and it booted
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Phone wouldn't turn on
    OK here's the deal I'm running firmware 1.02 and Summerboard 2.0 for the last 5 days and evertything was fine. I turned the phone on this morning and it booted fine and I hit the sleep button. 20 mins later it makes the new mail sound/vibrates and I hit the sleep/wake and nothing happens, hit the home and stil nothing. I plug it in and the charging screen flashes on then off then stays on. I unplugged it and hit the sleep and then wake and everything seems to be OK. I have since updated Summerboard 2.1 and its running fine and sleeping and waking fine.

I was just curious if this had happened to anyone else? Was it just a glitch in Summerboard or the phone itself?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am aware this thread is old but i had the same problem last night. Everything was working fine and all of a sudden whilst i was out i was unable to wake the phone. I thought the battery was somehow dead. I got home and plugged it into the charger and it came back to life immedietly. Everything is again fine but it freaks me that this might happen again cus it was essentially a brick for a few hours until i was at home to fix it.

I am using 1.1.1 and the default springboard. The only 3rd party app which may be responsible for this is imapidle as it is always running in the background?

Has anyone since had any further experience with this problem?