+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: landscape music player?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
hi, i was wondering if there was a program similar to the musicplayer app so that you can view the previous track, play/pause, next track, and volume slider, all in
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default landscape music player?
    hi, i was wondering if there was a program similar to the musicplayer app so that you can view the previous track, play/pause, next track, and volume slider, all in landscape.
    i am planning on mounting my phone to the dashboard of my car, and it would be neat to be able to use my phone as sort of the faceplate for my stereo. When I turn my phone sideways, as you all know, it goes into coverflow mode, which bums me out, i have always found coverflow kind of useless anyway.
    maybe i am looking for the wrong thing, but i looked around for winterboard themes, and even tried making a theme by myself for the stock app, but none of it worked out quite right.
    thanks a lot for the help

matt wetherell

Thanks

nope it it is possible but not likely that anyone will do it

i was actually going to do it to work with the perfect storm theme but it turned out to be not worth while

the only thing that you could do is to get rotation inhibitor and then make a theme that would work for the music player in portrait to look like landscape

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

exactly

Green Apple
    Thanks

okay i guess i will get to work on it. by the way, i was looking under the mobilemusicplayer.app, but couldnt find graphics like the volume slider, or pause/play button. anyone know where those are?

thanks

Thanks

good luck, keep us posted

Thanks

there is a iphone theme download which has all the images that are themeable in it, see if you can find it... if i find it ill edit with a link

EDIT: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...verything.html

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cool thanks. While I'm thinking about it, I saw on another thread that someone changed up a plist file and turned the status bar landscape. Does anyone no how? I can't find it when I search. Thanks for the help.

ok well, i threw a quick theme together real quick, and this is what i have so far.

i tried to keep all of the buttons decently sized since this will be on the dash of a car as its bumping down the road (hence the weird volume knob) but it works allright so far with the rotation limiter on in sbsettings. what i would really love to know is if there is a way to:
    1. make the volume slider landscape
    2. make the text landscape
    3. most importantly, make the status bar landscape. i know i have seen a hack where someone put the code "<key>UIInterfaceOrientation</key>
    <string>UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight</string>" into the info.plist file in springboard.app and got the status bar to go landscape, i just can NOT seem to get it for the mobilemusicplayer.app (this has been bothering me for hours, and taking up most of the time ive been working on this silly thing ;p )

any ideas?
    Last edited by matdogg; 03-30-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Media player plays in landscape so you just need to load your music in something like filemagnet (mac) or just create a folder and play the music from that folder using finder or something like it. As long as you are not playing music from the ipod app it will play in media player in landscape mode. You just need a folder outside the ipod app to store the music in.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

^ on to something

Green Apple
    Thanks

i was thinking about that, and i even tried modifying dtunes so that it read files from the music folder instead of downloads folder, but no luck there. i just dont have the storage to copy all of my music into another folder though. maybe i will keep trying to mod dtunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks