Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: anySIM (Free yourself from ATT!)

Default anySIM (Free yourself from ATT!)
    I tried anySIM and crashed my iPhone. Restore saved the day and trying again.

Did your iPhone crashed also?

hmmm 'crashed my phone' is not very helpful. What happened? Did anySIM launch and tell you to set your phone to "never" lock?

Did you agree to the terms and slide the unlock?

Did it just crash your phone and it immediately turned into a pile of refried beans? (sorry, just wanted to see if you were still reading)

Please provide more detailed info - thanks
    White 3G

anySIM crashed my phone also. I had to restore and use erica's unlock.app again. It takes longer but will get the job done.

I would hold off on using this until we see a guide or some detailed info from the dev team.
    Gratitude,
    mrengles

Quote Originally Posted by mrengles View Post
    anySIM crashed my phone also. I had to restore and use erica's unlock.app again. It takes longer but will get the job done.

I would hold off on using this until we see a guide or some detailed info from the dev team.
    Okay.. I'll be polite this time...

Please post, in a bit more detail, what does "crashed my phone" mean?

Did it simply launch and then lock up your phone? Did you see gibberish on your screen? Did it seem to start the unlock process? Was there a silhouette of jesus, come on...
    White 3G

[QUOTE=CyberGreg;33877]hmmm 'crashed my phone' is not very helpful. What happened? Did anySIM launch and tell you to set your phone to "never" lock?
    Sorry. It gave me a popup telling me to set Auto-Lock to "Never". I click OK but nothing happens, the screen was frozen with the popup as the last window opened. Pressing the power button did not work and only Restore did the trick.

I noticed it is not available in the Installer.

The phone froze up and stopped working. after a reboot I was unable to make receive call.

I restored the iphone with itunes, and re-unlocked with Erica's unlock.app ( i followed the MMI guide.) and it fixed it!

Hope thats the info you where looking for! =)

My first post was not a how-to or meant to be detailed. So you still might have to use your brain! or ask the right people for info (like the developers.) try the dev team website.
    Last edited by mrengles; 09-16-2007 at 08:16 AM. Reason: because people dont use there brains!
    Gratitude,
    mrengles

YES

Thanks - this is truly a HUGE CONCERN

I'm building and testing the package for my installer source and had EXACTLY the same thing happen to my phone. I launched the app, looked at the cool background, had the pop-up telling me to set my 'lock to never', I clicked "OK" and wham my phone was frozen. Forcing it to reboot produced very scary results I had black and white horizontal block lines but hey Dock 2.06 was still there (but locked up my phone when I launched an app)

I'm going to point all the other anySIM threads to this one to keep people informed, unless the three of us are the only ones with really bad luck
    White 3G

"Computer Crash" according to Webster's and by the way. The iPhone is a tiny computer.

A crash in computing is a condition where a program (either an application or part of the operating system) stops performing its expected function and also stops responding to other parts of the system. Often the offending program may simply appear to freeze. If this program is a critical part of the operating system kernel the entire computer may crash (a system crash).

just for the next time. =)
    Gratitude,
    mrengles

I finally got it to run but at the end I received a popup:

Unlock Failure. The Flash operation succeeded but the unlock commands failed. You might want to check the baseband manually using minicom.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by mrengles View Post
    "Computer Crash" according to Webster's and by the way. The iPhone is a tiny computer.

A crash in computing is a condition where a program (either an application or part of the operating system) stops performing its expected function and also stops responding to other parts of the system. Often the offending program may simply appear to freeze. If this program is a critical part of the operating system kernel the entire computer may crash (a system crash).

just for the next time. =)
    Um yeah, thanks that still doesn't help. It doesn't say you'll have to RESTORE your computer to get it back working

Crash = reboot will fix it until the next launch of the offending app
    FooBar = reboot will not fix it, proceed directly to iTunes to restore

So... let's just say that so far we have three FooBar's....

Seriously though, if you see any other anySIM threads, please let me know. I've closed like four so far and pointed them all to this one.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-16-2007 at 08:33 AM.
    White 3G

Just use the MMI guide untill the dev team works out the kinks or releases a how to.....

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1
    Gratitude,
    mrengles

I got the same error message. I opened the app and agreed to everything, it took a long time to dump the rom and them after it appeared to be done i got a message saying that the unlock commands failed and that i should manually check it with minicom. I dont know what that meant so i tried again and got a message saying that it couldnt find some kind of "bytes".

Quote Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
    I finally got it to run but at the end I received a popup:

Unlock Failure. The Flash operation succeeded but the unlock commands failed. You might want to check the baseband manually using minicom.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Robert
    Okay.. so did you do anything different or just restore your phone and install anySIM?
    White 3G

Thanks

it crashed mine and i had to restore it. are we supposed to take our sim card out first before we run it or what.

I would check out iphonesimfree.com
    They working on distributing a program that works great, they even have a video of an actual iphone being unlocked.

Are there any missing intructrions on exactly how to use anySIM. I tried but i dont know if i was supposed to restore my phone before trying or if i was supposed to take out my sim at any time during the process.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Okay.. so did you do anything different or just restore your phone and install anySIM?
    1. I did a Restore to get out of the frozen screen.
    2. Changed the Auto-Lock to "Never".
    3. Re-installed anySIM.
    4. Accepted the terms and conditions.
    5. Installation process was going fine for a while and then the popup came up: "Unlock Failure. The Flash operation succeeded but the unlock commands failed. You might want to check the baseband manually using minicom."

Thanks

All of you did you take out the sim before running the app? If not try it without the sim. It sounds like the sim is blocking the unlocking part.

I tried the anySIM after going through the ModMyI tutorial .. It had the credits screen with black bg and white font.. waited for minutes, more than 10, but nothing happened.

I wanted to try iUnlcok Reloaded, but it didnt appear on the phone's screen. Now I am gonna try iUnlock, but i am really hopeless.. Why didn't anySIM go on...!?!??!

any help would be highly appreciated!

p

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    YES

Thanks - this is truly a HUGE CONCERN

I'm building and testing the package for my installer source and had EXACTLY the same thing happen to my phone. I launched the app, looked at the cool background, had the pop-up telling me to set my 'lock to never', I clicked "OK" and wham my phone was frozen. Forcing it to reboot produced very scary results I had black and white horizontal block lines but hey Dock 2.06 was still there (but locked up my phone when I launched an app)

I'm going to point all the other anySIM threads to this one to keep people informed, unless the three of us are the only ones with really bad luck
    yeah tried it did the same thing here ,,i ve been sticking with unlock.app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast