Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard 2.1

Default Summerboard 2.1
    surprised there isn't a thread on this already?? Unless I'm just blind.

-new prefs icon that looks like the homescreen button on the iphone

options:

theme
    theme wallpaper on/off
    theme staus bar on/off
    theme icons on/off
    theme dock on/off

advanced:

wallpaper on/off
    wallpaper alpha (level)
    solid status bar on/off
    scroll snap on/off
    skip last row on/off
    hide icon labels on/off
    icons under dock on/off
    five icon dock on/off

five icon dock still doesn't work unless you're on mini. . at least as far as I know .. new theme called 'louie mantia'. All I want is to get my cool dockswapped transparent reflective 5 icon dock!! rSBT still works fine, as long as you are in minidock mode, or unless you only want 4 icons in your dock.

But it's one step closer! These guys are making developments quick, and I can't even imagine the ease in style modification that we'll have within the next few months. I hope they incorporate everything, and have open sources that you can download FOR summerboard just as they have images you can download for dockswap within installer. So we can browse through the icon sets, battery icons, carrier icons, etc that they post and customize our phones however we want through the program. Then I'm sure some other sources that could be manually added to the installer could put out plenty more icons/themes/docks/etc. The future is near!
    Last edited by jujubeanser; 09-15-2007 at 02:53 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Going to update now. I could careless about 5 icon dock, so every advance with this app is frickin awesome. I am going to see how well it themes now.

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds good!!
    mod edit, old signature removed

of course 5 icon works... set it on in smbprefs and make sure rsbt matches

Works like a champ. Thanks Dev Crew....Keep up the good work.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yep, I can confirm 5 icon works as well. Themeing looks like it is going to be very nice. I can picture it now, for people who like the stock look of their homescreen can update all their icons to stock and then load themes into summerboard. So say you load your Summerboard theme with all your icons, docks, status bar, wallpaper. When you want togo back to stock all you have to do is turn off icons, dock, wallpaper and status bar or even maybe just keep everything on except icons. That way you now have stock icons but modded background, dock, status bar. All this without having to unlock your iphone after the switch, it is immediate. Me likes

Now all we need is a preview window where we can see what each theme is, kinda like iSwitcher.

Edit: Just noticed icon naming is different for themeing. The phone icon is just phone.png instead of MobilePhone.png. Wonder what 3rd party apps will go by?
    Last edited by HighTymes; 09-15-2007 at 03:40 PM.

sup everyone

does anyone of you having a problem with the "skip last row" because what i want to do is after 12 icon skip the next row but cant get it to work any ideas?

thanks in advance

This app is great!!!! Whoever is putting this together is doing a fantastic job!!! Thanks so much for all the development!!!

Is there a way to install other themes yet? or no?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

how can we donate to these guys?

summerboard is amazing! and keeps getting better
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SebSter85 View Post
    Is there a way to install other themes yet? or no?

You can put themes into var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes/Name of Theme

I have been updating the iswitcher themes to work with summerboard and it looks like on some themes, summerboard doesn't align the icons very well right now. I am sure they will fix it.

^^^Maybe here somewhere. http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

So does anybody know what we name the icons for the third-party apps. All they have in the new theme is the stock icons so there isnt an example.

EDIT: I just tried to use the new theme that includes icons, and it didn't override my icons. Wallpaper, dock, etc changed but not the icons.
    Last edited by Jasper44; 09-15-2007 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    So does anybody know what we name the icons for the third-party apps. All they have in the new theme is the stock icons so there isnt an example.

EDIT: I just tried to use the new theme that includes icons, and it didn't override my icons. Wallpaper, dock, etc changed but not the icons.
    So... does it install all the third party apps icons, or just the stock iPhone ones? Would be nice to have a change log, announcement page or something... eh, let's just release it and let everybody figure it out on their own
    White 3G

After installing the theme in the sources, it installed 3 new icons on the springboard. So I uninstalled it, the icons didn't get reverted, and more icons got installed on the springboard.

Ok, what the hell is going on?
    Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    So... does it install all the third party apps icons, or just the stock iPhone ones? Would be nice to have a change log, announcement page or something... eh, let's just release it and let everybody figure it out on their own
    Yea, a change log would be really helpful. I selected the new theme that comes with it that includes icons, restarted springboard and got the new wallpaper, dock, etc but same icons. I then deleted icons from a few of the application folders and selected the theme, restarted but get question marks for icons so icon changing icons either doesn't work or there's a certain way to do it.

And the new theme that has icons includes 3 third party ones but is missing some apple apps like safari...so maybe the icon function isn't fully ready for prime time yet, they just have the option in the preferences because they are close.

Quote Originally Posted by pengcm View Post
    After installing the theme in the sources, it installed 3 new icons on the springboard. So I uninstalled it, the icons didn't get reverted, and more icons got installed on the springboard.

Ok, what the hell is going on?
    What themes are you talking about and through what sources? This thread is about SummerBoard
    White 3G

The themes included with Summerboard.

I tried the Louie Mantia theme and it changed all icons for me. Well, all the icons that were included with it anyway. If you want icons in other theme I would say you have to put them in the theme yourself. This is a great great update.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovie View Post
    The themes included with Summerboard.

I tried the Louie Mantia theme and it changed all icons for me. Well, all the icons that were included with it anyway. If you want icons in other theme I would say you have to put them in the theme yourself. This is a great great update.
    How the heck did you get it to work. No matter what I do my icons won't change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    What themes are you talking about and through what sources? This thread is about SummerBoard
    It was an Icon_set for SummerBoard, "Aqwoah_1.4", available via installer.app after adding HighTymes' sources.

<b>Update:</b>
    It installed all these empty applications in my /Application
    This is really annoy, maybe I'll do a restore.
    Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by pengcm View Post
    It was an Icon_set for SummerBoard, "Aqwoah_1.4", available via installer.app after adding HighTymes' sources.

<b>Update:</b>
    It installed all these empty applications in my /Application
    This is really annoy, maybe I'll do a restore.
    Just hide them with rSBT

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast