Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Suggestion for a "Summerboard Lite"

Default Suggestion for a "Summerboard Lite"
    I'd like an app like summerboard, but that only allows you to store more icons on the springboard, with the skip 4th row option. I don't want the change wallpaper or change dock options, which only seem to slow it down. This new app should be very "lite".

Also, a qualm I've always had with summerboard is that the animation for returning to the home screen is different from stock. As it is now in summerboard, the icons scroll up from the bottom instead of coming in from a circle off screen, which doesn't go well with the actual app leaving the screen, which is sucked into the middle. Apple did a good job with these actions meshing together, and summerboard breaks this.

In the end, I just want a completely invisible app that doesn't make me feel like it's more than I need, with the only feature being springboard scrolling, and 4th row skipping keeping it invisible.

FF

the new options maki it slower? really?

It has always felt that after installing summerboard my iPhone runs slower than even after I uninstall it again.

FF

ps. could all be in my head.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatherfork View Post
    It has always felt that after installing summerboard my iPhone runs slower than even after I uninstall it again.

FF

ps. could all be in my head.
    I see no difference in performance

Yeah I also want a Summerboard Lite only because I am not too keen on the summerboard transition animtaion. I think the default one is much more elegant. In the meantime what I did was installed launcher to store the extra icons/apps and not use Summerboard.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i never noticed a difference in performance either.

and all those features you don't like can be disabled... except the load animation perhaps, but umm deal with it?

BTW you can prolly get an older version of summerboard (before the implemented all these features)
    check http://pxl.ibrickr.com/ for an old version.

Edit: yes you can get any old version of SB off pxl.ibrickr.com.... not sure which version started doing all the themey stuff, but the older versions just had scrolling/skip 4th row, and maybe wallpaper...
    Last edited by unclear; 09-22-2007 at 01:44 AM. Reason: yep...