Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: summerboard wallpaper - big problem

Default summerboard wallpaper - big problem
    I installed Summerboard 2.0, then uninstalled it. This broke the wallpaper function on the phone, so I'm no longer able to set a background wallpaper (it permanently defaults to black). This is still the case after reinstalling the program.

Can anyone help? This is massively frustrating, and I don't want to have to reflash the phone.

Are you talking about the lock screen wallpaper?

Okay easy there... Find the SMBPrefs application. Launch it and select whether or not you want the wallpaper from Settings, None or Themes

I'll up a screenshot in just a bit.

Edit: Pretty sad when the 'competitions' app takes more support than my own...
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 07-25-2008 at 04:03 PM.
    White 3G

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Okay easy there... Find the SMBPrefs application. Launch it and select whether or not you want the wallpaper from Settings, None or Themes

I'll up a screenshot in just a bit.

Edit: Pretty sad when the 'competitions' app takes more support than my own...
    lol we still use yours too though

any idea what the wallpaper alpha slider does?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pork View Post
    any idea what the wallpaper alpha slider does?
    umm. sets the alpha channel for your wallpaper.
    (in stupid words, as obviously this is a very slow thread, that means how transparent, or how 'dim' it is.)

and Greg, no offense, but I'd hardly call it support when a stupid newb can't find an obvious button... but, oh yea, you felt it was very necessary to point out how "sad" (wtf?) it is that you give support for your "competition" ....WOW, now thats sad.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to unclear For This Useful Post:

pork (09-14-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    (in stupid words, as obviously this is a very slow thread, that means how transparent, or how 'dim' it is.)

and Greg, no offense, but I'd hardly call it support when a stupid newb can't find an obvious button... but, oh yea, you felt it was very necessary to point out how "sad" (wtf?) it is that you give support for your "competition" ....WOW, now thats sad.
    dude. be nice.
    "Beware the voice without a face."

Default Summerboard 2.0
    Not sure f i like this version better,,i cant seem to match up my dock with my wallpaper,,can someone help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruruep View Post
    Not sure f i like this version better,,i cant seem to match up my dock with my wallpaper,,can someone help?
    Read the last few pages of the "summerboard" thread in the "Native iPhone app launches" section. Tons of info on how to change your dock, and add your own themes.

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post

Relax dude, Greg contributes a lot to this forum and to the iPhone in general. Show some respect.

and If you're goin to take offense to "stupid" questions, don't answer them.
    Last edited by tonydrone; 09-15-2007 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Due respect, but it's not a stupid question. There are various other posts (not with their own thread) where you'll find other people who've had their lock screen wallpaper broken my summerboard.

So if any one has a solution, rather than simply label a question "stupid", I'd appreciate it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonydrone View Post
    and If you're goin to take offense to "stupid" questions, don't answer them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lmhjcr View Post
    Due respect, but it's not a stupid question. There are various other posts (not with their own thread) where you'll find other people who've had their lock screen wallpaper broken my summerboard.

So if any one has a solution, rather than simply label a question "stupid", I'd appreciate it.
    Ummm... Wow, you people need to learn how to read. Not once in my post did I say someone had a "stupid question"... Nor was I even refering to the initial question of this post.. I was talking about the question about the alpha slider, as that is the question I quoted in the post..

I said the alpha slider sets the alpha channel for your wallpaper, or in stupid words this means the transparency...

I was just trying to say "in layman's terms"... I'm sorry you are all so sensitive, but...

LEARN TO READ!

And, I do apologize if I was at all rude. If I was, it was only meant for Greg, as I thought his statement was equally as rude, albeit slightly more passive.
    Last edited by unclear; 09-15-2007 at 07:28 PM. Reason: grammar

Sorry to raise this from the dead...but I searched and this is all I found. I just updated my Summerboard to 2.1 this morning, and now my wallpaper is gone. I went to SMBPrefs, and Wallpaper is set to on, Alpha slider is at around 75%. I went to the normal settings menu and tried to put my wallpaper back on...it shows the busy icon, looks like it does it and then I go back to my home screen and its not there. It doesn't show at all anymore...any ideas?