+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PdaNet questions...

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
The PdaNet guys gave me a small discount ($5) and assured me that they were not aggressively locking it to your particular phone yet so I bought it for my
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default PdaNet questions...
    The PdaNet guys gave me a small discount ($5) and assured me that they were not aggressively locking it to your particular phone yet so I bought it for my two phones. How can I backup and restore the already purchased and activated and installed version?

Next question, what will happen if the 3.0 FW breaks functionality? I really want A2DP, so I will feel stupid if the answer is that I paid for it for 2.x only.

Thanks

I just want to be able to treat it like any commercial PC application by being able to move it between PCs as long as I only have/use it on one PC at a time. Isn't the freedom gained by jailbreaking supposed to be a two-way street?
    Last edited by CZroe; 03-22-2009 at 03:16 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The Cydia store promises to not tie your purchase to one device (just one username) and should work on 3.0.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pastahop View Post
    The Cydia store promises to not tie your purchase to one device (just one username) and should work on 3.0.
    PdaNet didn't use Cydia for purchase registration... It used an in-app key registration which required me to purchase with PayPal and get the key by email. Even so, I'm more worried about the back-end way it shares the Internet connection will be broken by Apple deliberately because they plan to offer premium paid tethering with AT&T themselves.

Are we even sure that 3.0 will be jailbroken for there to even BE a Cydia app store?
    Last edited by CZroe; 03-23-2009 at 08:24 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

save your original email when they send you the key and password....you can enter this key and password again on a different device