Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Intelliscreen v2.45

Default Intelliscreen v2.45
    I was wondering why the intelliscreen upgrade removed the performance section under the intelliscreen settings. Does the update correct the compatibility issues with other apps? Thanks

How did you upgrade? Through Rock The Phone? I dont see the update showing in Cydia.

rock the phone, cydia will no longer carry intelliborn apps.

When you upgrade make sure that the icon for Intelliscreen is shown (not hidden in the sbsettings app). A new feature of intelliscreen shows when you swipe the status bar, but you can change that setting.

PS The upgrade also removes intellidial. They want you to pay for that separately now. Go figure.
    Last edited by rcotton; 03-12-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thats what I was afraid of. Installing Rock the Phone screwed up my phone and I had to restore. I dont want to try again. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rcotton View Post
    rock the phone, cydia will no longer carry intelliborn apps.

When you upgrade make sure that the icon for Intelliscreen is shown (not hidden in the sbsettings app). A new feature of intelliscreen shows when you swipe the status bar, but you can change that setting.

PS The upgrade also removes intellidial. They want you to pay for that separately now. Go figure.
    WTF? Are you KIDDING ME? Not only are they forcing this BrickMyPhone stuff on us, intellidial is no longer a part of Intelliscreen? I have to pay AGAIN for something I already bought? This can't be accurate...

Apple doesn't really have a lot to worry about if this is the 'free market' of iPhone apps...

Green Apple
    Thanks

For those of you, like me, who installed Rock The Phone only for Intelliscreen (my favorite iPhone app) and you ended up having to restore this is for you:

You DO NOT have to install RYP onto your iPhone in order to update to the newest version of Intelliscreen (currently 2.49 as of this writing). I was able to install it manually with no problem at all. I will not share that information for fear of it being patched by the RYP dev team...but if you know where to look on the net you'll find it. It's working fine for me and I'm glad I didn't have to reinstall RYP to do it. I am staying FAR AWAY from it!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teddyf1 For This Useful Post:

deenybird (04-19-2009), kwickone (03-16-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by teddyf1 View Post
    For those of you, like me, who installed Rock The Phone only for Intelliscreen (my favorite iPhone app) and you ended up having to restore this is for you:

You DO NOT have to install RYP onto your iPhone in order to update to the newest version of Intelliscreen (currently 2.49 as of this writing). I was able to install it manually with no problem at all. I will not share that information for fear of it being patched by the RYP dev team...but if you know where to look on the net you'll find it. It's working fine for me and I'm glad I didn't have to reinstall RYP to do it. I am staying FAR AWAY from it!
    How 'bout a clue? I looked but couldn't find anything on the subject. Thanks

C'mon teddyf1! Throw the rest of us a bone! We need a hint as to where to look to learn how to upgrade without installing RYP.

I don't even want it, especially if it removes Intellidial...I guess I'll stick with Intelliscreen until 3.0 comes out and then chalk the money I spent on IS up to 'got some use out of it while I could'...sux cause I paid for Vonagent too and can't update that either...

Quote Originally Posted by tiorio View Post
    I don't even want it, especially if it removes Intellidial...I guess I'll stick with Intelliscreen until 3.0 comes out and then chalk the money I spent on IS up to 'got some use out of it while I could'...sux cause I paid for Vonagent too and can't update that either...
    I've read that if you have a previous license that included Intellidial that you get to keep it and not lose it. I believe that Intellidial as an extra option is for new subscribers only.

I also was a victim of the Rock-Your-Phone "upgrade". I did a full restore to my phone and loaded Intelliscreen 2.32 and all was fine (4 hours later).

This morning on Cydia I see a new 2.55 version of Intelliscreen available and it APPEARS that it does NOT install the Rock application. Has anybody tried this and can confirm?

RKDuke

I does install rockaphone but its stable and has fixed the skype errors.

@tiorio
    I had the same cuestion - you have to "buy" Intellidial again, but it will cost you nothing, just to get the two licences seperated. Rockapp does that for you just fine

Ruben

I was stung by RYP on the first install and then again upgrading via the computer. So far, upgrading through Cydia has worked fine. I've grown so used to having Intelliscreen. I have to have it!

Well the Intellidial app is free for people who originally purchased Intelliscreen. The only problem is that it causes my phone to go into safe mode when invoked. Oh well. I think they need better programmers over at Intelliborn.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 04-08-2009 at 09:57 AM.

So I just did this update and installed Intellidial separately. Now my phone will not receive Data! I can recieve phone calls but that is about it. I uninstalled Intellidial and resprung and now I have data back. Beware when Downloading it. I really hope it gets fixed soon as I use that app A LOT!

it annoys me how they removed the performace settings

FYI: We did fix the IntelliDial issue regarding SpringBoard crashing for Coverflow (and of course all previous owners of IntelliScreen got IntelliDial for free and all trials were restarted). IntelliScreen was $19.99 - now IntelliScreen + IntelliDial is $12.99 - so the prices are actually lower (I know some paid $9.99 - but that was a temporary sale).

Regarding Rock Your Phone - we didn't make the change "for fun". IntelliScreen and other Intelliborn products chose this path for a number of reasons. The two primary reasons are ease of license management and to reach a wider audience through a more consumer friendly interface. Previously, licenses were tied to serial #'s. When you broke your phone, upgraded, etc. some users purchased a new license, some transferred, some contacted support, etc. It was an painful process. With Rock Your Phone, it's automatic, the license is tied to your RockID (email).

There are several benefits to this platform with relatively minor impact. It's an installation of about 500kb on your iPhone, an additional icon, and an enhanced version of mobilesubstrate (Rock Extensions). Benefits include central management of your applications and upgrades. A free desktop client that you can use to install your purchases/trials. Free 10 day trials of all applications and the ability to automatically reinstall all your previous purchases after a restore or phone replacement.

Lastly, you have to install Rock Extensions to run IntelliScreen. Cydia shows a dependency on the Rock Your Phone App, as this is where you can manage your Rock Extensions. While it won't break if it's not installed, there are times where Rock Extensions may self-disable if there's a conflict detected on your phone. You'll then need to install the Rock Your Phone client to enable Rock Extensions. Also, to obtain IntelliDial and the popular Elert (New Email Viewer), you'll need to do so through the Rock Your Phone app.

Thanks!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!