+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: xGPS Manager will not start (Windows)

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I've downloaded the xGPS Manager from the developer's website. I have xGPS and the XGPSUtil installed on my iPhone. But when I run the program to manage maps or whatever,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default xGPS Manager will not start (Windows)
    I've downloaded the xGPS Manager from the developer's website. I have xGPS and the XGPSUtil installed on my iPhone.

But when I run the program to manage maps or whatever, xGPS Manager, from Windows, nothing happens.

Any ideas?

I've tried running as an Administrator, and I checked my running processes and I see nothing pertaining to xGPS running. I get no error messages, no nothing. It just doesn't start the application.

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate, fully updated SP1 etc. etc.

Edit: Just an update, I tried running it in compatibility mode for XP SP2 and it still doesn't run.
    Last edited by Villegard; 03-12-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Update

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried downloading it again and reinstalling?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Indeed I have. I've even tried to find it from another source, thinking that maybe the file available from the developer might be corrupted or something, but that doesn't make sense because there would be 10,000 posts about it.

I feel so stupid right now lol but problem solved.

Turns out I never installed the Java platform on my comptuer (I recently reformatted)

Sigh @ me. Thanks for the replies lol
    Last edited by Villegard; 03-12-2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have installed the latest Java runtime (on Vista x64 SP2). I installed xGPS Manager -- when I start it, nothing happens. I have tried a re-install or two.

I wonder if xGPS Manager is not compatible with Vista x64.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Java 64's fault
    Install the 32bit version of Java - this solved the same problem that I had.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Catequil View Post
    Install the 32bit version of Java - this solved the same problem that I had.
    I do have both "Java 6 Update 14" and "Java 6 Update 14 (64-bit)" installed.

After rebooting my PC, I found that xGPS Manager did start up OK. I can select a map but I can't download it -- the download gets stuck at around 2 - 5% completed.

Can you can confirm that you can download maps? Thanks
    Last edited by kalahari; 07-15-2009 at 03:04 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalahari View Post
    I do have both "Java 6 Update 14" and "Java 6 Update 14 (64-bit)" installed.

After rebooting my PC, I found that xGPS Manager did start up OK. I can select a map but I can't download it -- the download gets stuck at around 2 - 5% completed.

Can you can confirm that you can download maps? Thanks
    On a Windows 7 x64bit I had 1st the 64bit Java installed and then installed the 32bit Java without removing the 64bit one. That 2nd install made the xGPS manager run for me. Also, I managed to download a map of about 120MB of size, though during the download it felt like stuck several times - just bear with it, in the end it will do its job of you have a stable connection. HOWEVER, when looking into the downloaded maps i found blank quadrants (grey spaces), which I correlate to "the getting stuck" occasions during the download.