+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fixing rSBT?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi, I figured a lot of people would be encountering this problem, so it would be better to have an independent thread that they can search and find. I installed
    Thanks

Default Fixing rSBT?
    Hi,

I figured a lot of people would be encountering this problem, so it would be better to have an independent thread that they can search and find.
    I installed Summerboard 2.0, which messed up rSBT. I uninstalled Summerboad, but rSBT is still unable to change the number of icons in the dock. My dock image is also gone. If anyone know a fix for this, please post here. I'm sure a lot of other people will be looking for the fix too.

OK. I kind of found a fix but not really.
    If you uninstall Summerboard 2.0 and reinstall Summberboard 1.9 (which you can get from http://pxl.ibrickr.com/SummerBoard-1.9.pxl), you will get the original icons and wallpaper back.
    BUT, I uninstalled SummberBoard 1.9 after that, then my iPhone is no longer able to put up a wallpaper (not from setting or my photos). Apparently, SummberBoard left some kind of problem behind even though I got rid of them. Ironically, I at least got my five icons and the dock back. Now I have to search a way to get my wallpaper back LOL. I'm never downloading SummerBoard again.

P.S. If you keep SummberBoard 1.9, you'll be able to maintain the screen you had before. If anybody has any suggestion on how I may be able to get my wallpaper function back, please let me know. I know I can install SummberBoard 1.9 to get it back, but it pisses me off to think that I have to rely on the very software that messed it up in the first place (haha). I hope someone has an idea on what SummerBoard did to iPhone's wallpaper function and how to fix it.
    Last edited by GoldenTequila; 09-14-2007 at 12:42 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had an issue with 1.9 that may or may not have been the initial cause of your issue. I don't know how to fix what you're experiencing but ...

I had the number of icons set to 16 on rSBT settings and when summerBoard 1.9 came out I used the 'skip fourth row' option. This made rSBT believe there should be 16 icons, when summberBoard only allowed 12.

The issue it caused for me was I could no longer move the icon display order. So I changed the setting for rSBT to show 12 icons and rebooted the phone - it all seemed to clear up. Perhaps there are conflicting settings on two custom apps that you have?

SummerBoard 2.0 is awsome - it has themes for different background/Dock and a fairly straight forward format (so it should be very easy to create your own), although lacking icons at this point.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the download of 1.9 i went back to it. wont update unless they fix the issue/.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shaiss's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks! Went back to summerboard 1.9 and everything works fine now.
    my question is when summberboard goes 2.1 and they fix the bug. Since I used the pxl link, how do I unistall/upg. I normally use installer.app to manage all my 3rd party aps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^i think u would take it off by ibrickr

Thanks

I see. But, the problem I have occurs when I get rid of SummerBoard. In other words, the program itself is no longer there cuz' I uninstalled it. So, I don't think it's a program conflict. I even uninstalled rSBT too. I reinstalled rSBT again, etc. I tried all sorts of combination. The fact that my iPhone can no longer put up a wallpaper on its own when I get rid of SummerBoard suggests that SummerBoard messed up or took over something in iPhone that's key to using wallpaper, and that does not go back to its default state even after uninstalling SummerBoard, which is very annoying.