Closed Thread

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwitcher v1.0 No DisplayOrder changes

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
For immediate release in pxl format (available on my Installer app source) LINKAGE Big THANK-YOU to armadillo for his awesome graphics work
    Thanks

Default iSwitcher v1.0 No DisplayOrder changes
    For immediate release in pxl format (available on my Installer app source)

LINKAGE

Big THANK-YOU to armadillo for his awesome graphics work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iSwitcher v1.0 No DisplayOrder changes-iswitcher_v1.0.png  
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-14-2007 at 07:45 AM.
    White 3G

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

rexxiboy90807 (09-13-2007), sogo (09-14-2007)

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

wow..version1 coming...cool.
    Greg, is it an update on installer? or i have to uninstall the previous version first and then load the new version?

just got it...updating now....
    Last edited by SundayDuffer; 09-13-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    wow..version1 coming...cool.
    Greg, is it an update on installer? or i have to uninstall the previous version first and then load the new version?

just got it...updating now....
    Sorry you may have caught it while I was debugging the update process. I just resolved the problem.

Available on my Installer source - you can perform an update or for new users a new install.

So with this (and version 0.92) you have almost complete control over SummerBoard (check the themes, you'll see an iSwitcher theme to select.
    White 3G

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

sogo (09-14-2007)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sweet, so if we want to add a wallpaper or a dock to the theme for summerboard to use we can? Just include a wallpaper.png and dock.png?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

iSwitcher 1.0 + SummerBoard 2.0 + rSBT 3.3 = ultimate skinning experience (for now anyways)
    I am the MacBook Pro

Thanks

CyberGreg, Thanks for this update! You have made my day. I hope the DisplayOrder is fixed soon for installer.app. You are the Man!
    Stadler

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    Sweet, so if we want to add a wallpaper or a dock to the theme for summerboard to use we can? Just include a wallpaper.png and dock.png?
    Actually you just include the SBDockBG2.png file in your theme along with the LockBackground.jpg (I updated most of my themes to have a LockBackground.jpg and v0.87 added this functionality) and iSwitcher will install those into the iSwitcher SummerBoard theme. You would then have to select the iSwitcher theme in SBF's. However, once you set it, all future 'switches' will update the same SummerBoard theme.
    White 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have tried installing iSwitcher v1.0 through iBrickr twice now and it will not load. Everything seems to go fine, iBrickr says it loaded but when I run it it is still v.90. I have restarted my iPhone and tried again to load but nothing... :-(

I think it might be something with the pxl daemon on my iphone. I found a log file lat lists everything that is installed and v1.0 is not there. Also when I install something through the installer.app my iphone used to reset but it doesn't anymore. Anyone know how to restart the pxl daemon maybe???
    Last edited by Lorath; 09-14-2007 at 03:07 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Actually you just include the SBDockBG2.png file in your theme along with the LockBackground.jpg (I updated most of my themes to have a LockBackground.jpg and v0.87 added this functionality) and iSwitcher will install those into the iSwitcher SummerBoard theme. You would then have to select the iSwitcher theme in SBF's. However, once you set it, all future 'switches' will update the same SummerBoard theme.
    Sweet, thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lorath View Post
    I have tried installing iSwitcher v1.0 through iBrickr twice now and it will not load. Everything seems to go fine, iBrickr says it loaded but when I run it it is still v.90. I have restarted my iPhone and tried again to load but nothing... :-(

I think it might be something with the pxl daemon on my iphone. I found a log file lat lists everything that is installed and v1.0 is not there. Also when I install something through the installer.app my iphone used to reset but it doesn't anymore. Anyone know how to restart the pxl daemon maybe???
    I think I understand the problem, since I experienced same issue. I think that the install link Greg points us to just adds his site as a source for installer.app... Once you run his install pxl, run installer and you should see iSwitcher 1.0 in list of apps (plus themes)... Worked for me like a charm, but confused at first expecting iSwitcher itself to update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I don't see iSwitcher in the installer.app... :-\

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    I think I understand the problem, since I experienced same issue. I think that the install link Greg points us to just adds his site as a source for installer.app... Once you run his install pxl, run installer and you should see iSwitcher 1.0 in list of apps (plus themes)... Worked for me like a charm, but confused at first expecting iSwitcher itself to update
    Good thought, let me clarify... if one wants to update iSwitcher using a pxl package, one should download the package titled:
    iSwitcher v1.0 - 4 bundled themes, SummerBoard integration - NO DisplayOrder changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorath View Post
    I don't see iSwitcher in the installer.app... :-\
    However, if one wants to add my Installer app source (to install iSwitcher through Installer app), one would choose the link titled:
    iSwitcher - Installer app source Breezy/iBrickr package v1.0

White 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Right, I downloaded iSwitcher v1.0 - 4 bundled themes, SummerBoard integration - NO DisplayOrder changes! and tried to install it through iBricker. I even tried to install v0.91 but the iphone never soft resets after the install. I think something is wrong with the pxl daemon so I was wondering if someone knew how to restart that. I am not having a problem with iSwitcher.

thanks...

*** UPDATE ***

My problem seems to have been with the BSD SubSystem again. I have had to do this before. I went into installer.app/uninstall and clicked on reinstall bsd subsystem and iSwitcher v1.0 showed up in installer.app and everything worked fine.
    Last edited by Lorath; 09-14-2007 at 09:01 PM.