Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After upgrade, default dock wont switch with DockSwap

Default After upgrade, default dock wont switch with DockSwap
    So today I saw a notification that a newer DockSwap version was out. It said to uninstall the outdated DockSwap images before preceeding. K. Did that. Loaded the seperate dock pacakges back in, and when I go into DockSwap to change it it doesn't change. I'm scratching my head on this one. I know I'm probably missing something obvious, so anyone got an idea?

Default Yeeeep Same problem
    I tried it all. Uninstall, reinstall in every possible combo, but for some reason only the SummerBoard theme docks show up even if the the setting is to the "setting." It occured after the upgrade.

From what I've seen with most of the apps, is that these guys are doing a really good job. The updates are quick, and for me, have resolved issues before I can get home to even make a post.

Signed appreciative native app supporter

I'm sure the next update will correct this issue. It's just annoying right now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

jedinight (09-13-2007)

I know exactly what you mean. It worked fine, but then the update killed it completly, and I was using grreg's but the icons gone

I'm sure 'thespicychicken' is working hard on an update... it's all related to the new SummerBoard theme's.
    White 3G

doesn't work for me neither... and i can't uninstall it either.. get some error... anybody know how to remove it???

This is what I did, I had the .png for the dock that I wanted to use, so just name it as Dock.png

Then go into the phone to the var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes/Default and put the .png you want to use, into that folder.

Remember the name for it needs to be Dock.png

Then when you select the Default theme in summerboard, you will get the dock image that you wanted to use

Yes, I too found that you can now do all this using SummerBoard now.

Look around and see how it's setup and then move your stuff into there. Go to 'var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes/' and then create different folders for different Themes. Take note on how they are named and then mimic the naming conventions.

Now I can have multiple images and 'Themes' all in one area, all from one app! It even allows for a mini version of the Dock, as well as removing the text below the dock buttons, very cool!

If you had to pick between running one or the other, SummerBoard gets my vote everytime

I renamed the dock i wantd and moved it, and yeah, it works, but using DockSwap on the fly was great. I hope they get this fixed soon

***EDIT***

Just visited the Spicy Chickens site, and not only are they aware of the problem and know whats causing this problem, they're gonna have a fix out for it soon.
    Last edited by ronfin44; 09-14-2007 at 07:26 PM.