+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lock Calendar 1.0b Beta Test

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I agree about the Cydget framework. I have noticed the same issue, and it also slows down the phone. Unfortunately it's probably not going away, as all the other lock
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I agree about the Cydget framework. I have noticed the same issue, and it also slows down the phone. Unfortunately it's probably not going away, as all the other lock screen extensions are going to it. It's a good idea to have the option though, not sure if this could be done all in the same code base, or if it was a separate package.

The real fix is to bug Saurik about fixing Cydget.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah - I'm guessing Saurik wont "fix" this as it's really not a bug? You need to free the button push to switch between windows and it's designed for you to be able to customize your lock screen so some people might not want that functionality.

At any rate, this is too bad and I suspect that there will not be two maintained version of lockcalendar - it'll only be the one main version that if he went through the trouble to port it to Cydget, it's probably because he want's cydgets so he wont be going back. That's why I'm asking that at the very least, he releases lockcalendar classic which could be just the last non-cydget version of lock calendar which he doesn't even have to maintain. This doesn't strike me as it would be difficult or time consuming and would at the very least give a viable alternative. I hate to do it but if I have to choose between broken functionality (for me - most are probably fine) lock calendar or no lock calendar, unfortunately it has to be no lockcalendar which is a real shame as I love this program!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile :)
    I am also having the same problem with Cydget..anyone found a fix or is it possible to revert to the older version?

Many thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unfortunately there's been no response from volatile-dev and I've not been able to find an older version. I've been forced to for the time being remove it from my phone Very sad!!! Still holding out hope that volatile-dev might post an unsupported "classic" version or something to the repo but it's looking less likely as the days go by

Please let me know if you find anything!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any news on this?

i'd hate to have to remove locakcalendar - it's been so useful!

but if it stays like that - how do i go about removing that and cydget? I can't find cydget in my installed packages/sources list

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ialexon View Post
    any news on this?

i'd hate to have to remove locakcalendar - it's been so useful!

but if it stays like that - how do i go about removing that and cydget? I can't find cydget in my installed packages/sources list
    That horse has already left the gate. Cydget is the standard way to add things to the lock screen in the Cydia world, so don't expect Lock Calendar or any other lock screen widget to change any time soon, if at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks. In that case, how do i go about removing that and cydget? I can't find cydget in my installed packages/sources list

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ialexon View Post
    Thanks. In that case, how do i go about removing that and cydget? I can't find cydget in my installed packages/sources list
    How do you uninstall the Cydget app on a jailbroken iphone? - Yahoo! Answers

9. The Following User Says Thank You to orev For This Useful Post:

ialexon (05-08-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chymmylt View Post
    Hey, let me first say I've LOVED this program for a long time now! I've been having a problem with lock calendar ever since you converted it over to a Cyget (which I frankly suspect is more a Cydget issue and less a lockcalendar issue). Unfortunately I've lost the music playing controls on my lockscreen - i.e. the wallpaper doesn't change to reflect the album (I can live without is nesc) and I can no longer double click to pause/play/etc the music which is a major problem as I rely on this functionality pretty strongly.

Maybe there's some simple configuration I've missed which would be great so if anybody knows what that is, I'd love to know. If not, while I suspect it's too much to request you move back to the standalone version and away from the Cydget platform (as I'm sure a lot of people prefer it) - is it possible for you to post a lock calendar classic to the repo of the last working version that does not use the cyget frame work? You don't even have to keep updating it (would be great though if you did).

I really hope a solution can be found because as valuable as this program is, it has unfortunately in it's current state become unusable for me

Thanks again for everything!

Chy
    I want to say that I have got a lot of useful info over time from the people who post solutions online (here and other websites) for iphone/ipod users. I feel i should give back to the online community as well, so this is my first post on such websites. Lock Calender is amazing and i found a solution to use the music controls in locked screen while the LockCalender is still enabled through cydget.
    1. Download Activator from Cydia
    2. In Settings from your iphone, click Activator -> then "At Lock Screen" -> then "Short Hold" -> then tap "ipad controls". This will enable the ipad control pop up up to appear on locked screen when you press and hold the home button. This will not show the controls where they normally seen when you double tap the home button in lock mode. Rather this will show you the pop up that you see when you double tap the home button when your iphone is unlocked (if you have this feature enbled from settings). Also, this method does not work with double tapping when in lock screen. So just follow the above instructions and it will resolve your problem.
    Hope this helps.

peu
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sorry to revive this old thread.

Is there a chance of updating lock calendar to the current cydget version?

Thanks!
    Yeah... I had my first iPhone hardware unlocked...

+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678