Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lock Calendar 1.0b Beta Test

Quote Originally Posted by T-Will View Post
    BTW, how do we uninstall LockCalendar (not that I ever would, but it would be good info to know)?
    It can be uninstalled through Cydia just like any other package.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by volatile-dev View Post
    It can be uninstalled through Cydia just like any other package.

Thomas
    Oh cool, didn't even look there lol!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Very nice software! Thanks for developing/sharing!

I am a recent convert from Intelliscreen (now that they require using that RockYourPhone stuff).

Your software provides me just what I need and it feels much more lightweight as well.

Thanks and looking forward to the final release (and updates!).

Default Another way to get weather info into Lock Calendar
    This method only works for Macs and requires periodic (daily) syncs to MobileMe. I have no affiliation with BareBones software.

WeatherCal puts a five day forecast from Weather Underground into your iCal calendar. It even shows up with status icons in the Lock Calendar view. Unfortunately, it's not free ($10) but it does have a 30 day trial period.

Perhaps this functionality could be integrated directly into Lock Calendar?

Bare Bones Software | WeatherCal

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwilcox09's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you have to put the file in a certain folder. I keep getting this...

dpkg: error processing lockcalendar_1.0b.deb (--install):
    cannot access archive: No such file or directory
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    lockcalendar_1.0b.deb

Thanks for any help

No i don't think it has to be in a certain folder. just you have to run the dpkg command in the folder that you put it in. so if you put it in media makes sure you use cd to change dir to Media then run the command. hope that helps if not ask again and i will try it better

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hjscm View Post
    No i don't think it has to be in a certain folder. just you have to run the dpkg command in the folder that you put it in. so if you put it in media makes sure you use cd to change dir to Media then run the command. hope that helps if not ask again and i will try it better
    Thanks! I figured it out, I didn't realize the Sudo command was only su in mobile terminal. THanks for the help!

Also, I love the upgrade. The color and font selection are nice and make it pop a little more on the screen.

Sorry Guys, I'm somewhat of a SSH Nooob. I used WinSCP to put the deb file on my phone,(private/var/root) but when I run the command it says unpacking and setting up (lockcalendar 1.0b). But it just sits there. How long is is supposed to take?

So installed MobileTerminal, I cd/ to the right directory, but when I try to run that command it says I need superuser privileges? So I can't install it that way either. Can you help a fella out.

Oh, and does the new beta support showing days without events?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotrod View Post
    Sorry Guys, I'm somewhat of a SSH Nooob. I used WinSCP to put the deb file on my phone,(private/var/root) but when I run the command it says unpacking and setting up (lockcalendar 1.0b). But it just sits there. How long is is supposed to take?

So installed MobileTerminal, I cd/ to the right directory, but when I try to run that command it says I need superuser privileges? So I can't install it that way either. Can you help a fella out.
    Make sure you're either logged in as root, or type su and enter the root password before you run the dpkg command.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotrod View Post

Oh, and does the new beta support showing days without events?

Thanks.
    I also ran the command through WinSCP and the screen just sat there. I left it for a few minutes, then decided to restart the phone. After the restart Lock Calendar appeared to have installed okay. I think the problem might be that the WinSCP terminal doesn't display multiple lines after a command has been entered (not sure about this).

Quote Originally Posted by volatile-dev View Post
    Make sure you're either logged in as root, or type su and enter the root password before you run the dpkg command.

Ah, that did it. I had to copy the deb file to the / root folder and then type "su root" and then enter "alpine" and then enter the dpkg command. I don't remember all the statements, but it said unpacking and installing I think.

I typed the killall command, but it doesn't appear to have installed it. So I restarted the phone and whoala. Success. Thanks for the help and hopefully this will help others install it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Nice work!
    I've been a user since the first version on Cydia, and can't imagine my phone without Lock Calendar.

Just installed the beta and I'm pleased to see all the UI-options in the settings section. If anything, there are almost too many options now. Don't like the ads tho... :-p

I'll get back to you if I run into any problems, and I'll be more than happy to provide a norwegian translation to the settings section.

-AnSiv

Thanks

I know this is slightly off topic, but I think its related to the way in which Lock Calendar works.

Would this be able to be implemented for use with other programs. most specifically "Things" to show a to do list on the lock screen?

Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    I am testing it and it seems that the one week and two weeks options are different from the previous version. Now, they display calendar item for periods from monday to sunday, rather than the next seven days or 14 days. So, for instance, with the one week option, I get only th items for tomorrow (Friday; I got nothing on Saturday and Sunday). It didn't use to be that way. Previously, with one week I would get the items for the next seven days. Is this a bug or intentional? I definitely preferred it the way it used to be. Thanks

EDIT: BTW, it's not really a big deal, if I set it up at two weeks, and with usual number of ten items, it's basically identical to the way it used to be

I do TOTALLY agree with marcoiac!!!

I really prefer the previous way!!! And I think a lot of people will agree.
    For example, I choosed the 1 month setting. If we are the 31th of the month.. I won't be able to see what i'll have to do tomorrow!

But anyway your app really rock! I love it... My best app.

Edit: as i said im MP, even if my english is so poor, i can understand all and provide a great french translation.
    Last edited by Profete162; 03-20-2009 at 06:59 PM.

how do u this using iphonebrowser? thanks!

Default Font Transparency?
    First, I have to say: Thank you!!! This is an incredible update! Will you be continuing with donations? Or will you start to charge? I will make a donation when you launch this version point.

Second, could there be a way to set the transparency for the fonts with events and times and such? I really want to have the info but want it to blend with my background evenly.

Chances?

It did crash on me when I was first changing the calendars that it showed, but it hasn't happened since then. If it does I will report in.

Thanks again!

I've installed QuickSMS which is a new SMS app that runs in the SpringBoard. Well ver .02b and this last beta do not work with QuickSMS. I get weird lockups and SpringBoard crashes..

Not that I think the bugs might get resolved I just want to put this information out in case anyone else is looking at purchasing QuickSMS.

Default Bug Report
    I just updated to your 1.0b version and it only displays one of my 3 calendars despite them all being turned on in the settings. They all previously displayed correctly in the previous version. Also, the settings panel is rather laggy to response - I think it may have to do with the advertising block as it's particularly unresponsive when it's changing ads.

One other feature request - it would be great if you had the option to parse in contact birthdays and aniverseries from the contacts themselves. I am using Google for my calendar and unfortunately I've found no way to get google to create these entries from Windows Contacts - I'd love to use google for contacts too but their field support is just too limited

I don't know you'll add this feature and I'd love it if somebody has suggestions for how to automatically create a birthday/aniversery calendar for google from Windows Contacts.

Thanks,

Chy

I just wanted to give you all a quick update on the status of officially releasing Lock Calendar 1.0. I'm currently working on getting as many translations of the configuration portion as I can. I currently have Spanish, Norwegian, Dutch, German, and French, and someone is currently working on Simplified and Traditional Chinese. If there's any one else that can help with additional languages, it would be greatly appreciated.

As chymmylt pointed out, the advertisement bar in the configuration app is causing some annoying lag. This is because I had to use an OLD version of AdMob's library that's compatible with the iPhone native compiler (which is a few versions behind the official Apple compiler). Saurik's been very busy with the Cydia store, so he hasn't had time to see about getting the latest compiler working. I may decide to forgo the advertisements in this version until I can get it working better. We'll see...

chymmylt: Try deleting /User/Preferences/com.volatile-dev.lockcalendar.plist (I'm typing that from memory, so it may be a little off) and re-running the configuration app. Keep in mind that you'll lose all of your Lock Calendar settings when deleting that file, but it'll help me troubleshoot the problem.

Thomas

20. The Following User Says Thank You to volatile-dev For This Useful Post:

thehotrod (03-25-2009)

I deleted it and still no luck on the other calendars though I did just add a new one and it is showing up so now I have 2 that show and 2 that don't - I don't know if it has anything to do with it but the 2 that show up have only one word names and the two that don't are two words - maybe coincidence but I thought I'd point that out so:

Work - Shows
    Home - Shows
    Band Schedule - Doesn't Show
    US Holiday's - Doesn't Show

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast