+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Dockswap & rSBT

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Upgrades for Dockswap (to 0.2) and rSBT (to 0.3.2) are now available via the Installer. You have to uninstall your Dockswap Image Pack first. Hope this works!!! With the new
    Thanks

Default New Dockswap & rSBT
    Upgrades for Dockswap (to 0.2) and rSBT (to 0.3.2) are now available via the Installer.

You have to uninstall your Dockswap Image Pack first.

Hope this works!!!

With the new rSBT you can have up to 9 icons on your dock.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work!
    Last edited by brojimh; 09-13-2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

DockSwap got a new icon.

Also, I downgraded back to Summerboard 1.9, and I got 9 icons in my dock. It was wierd, but it worked. Of course I went back to 5, I just wanted to see if 9 would work, haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle0wnsyou View Post
    DockSwap got a new icon.

Also, I downgraded back to Summerboard 1.9, and I got 9 icons in my dock. It was wierd, but it worked.
    How did you do it?

I was really hoping these new Dockswap and rSBT upgrades were going to fix the problem but I guess I don't have a choice BUT to downgrade.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Here is how it works, if you select the Mini dock in Sb you can see 5 or more icons; however, the large dock will display four or less. Obviously you won't be able to see more than five icons with the large dock, but we should be able to see at least five. Not ideal so it looks like there is some kind of a redraw issue.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shimizu1006's Avatar
    Thanks

I see both on installer! They both work but you have to be on mini-dock when using the 9 icons thing. Like the matching dockswap icon

EDIt: wow you guys really posted alot while i was typing!
    Last edited by Shimizu1006; 09-13-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: someone beat me to it ;)
    Sent From My iPhone

Thanks

yeah, I was ok with four when that was all I could have. Now that I have had 5 I MUST have 5.

I do not like the mini-dock, I too, as someone stated earlier, have fat fingers!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shimizu1006's Avatar
    Thanks

Same the mini dock is really hard to use
    Sent From My iPhone

Thanks

how do i unistall the dock images by using my phone please help

Thanks

So check this out.

Since Mini dock is reducing everything by 50%, I changed my icons to 120 x 120 and low and behold we have 5up. The bottoms are cut off and you end up with the fourth row of icons.

Now bearing that in mind, check out what happens when you go to large dock with the big icons
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Dockswap & rSBT-mini.jpg   New Dockswap & rSBT-large.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    So check this out.

Since Mini dock is reducing everything by 50%, I changed my icons to 120 x 120 and low and behold we have 5up. The bottoms are cut off and you end up with the fourth row of icons.

Now bearing that in mind, check out what happens when you go to large dock with the big icons
    Those huge icons are pretty cool btw.

That's good reverse engineering!

Thanks

You know, I may not be too upset about how this is working. Check out the overlap with 60x60, 90x90, and 120x120 icons. Can someone with Sb 1.9 check to see if you could run 120 pixel icons. I think this effect works best with them being circular. I'm going to rebuild them at the larger size so they aren't all nasty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Dockswap & rSBT-60.jpg   New Dockswap & rSBT-90.jpg   New Dockswap & rSBT-120.jpg  

Thanks

Here is what I've arrived at, I feel its the proper amount of overlap.

Icons: 105 x 105 and then increase the height to 135 with the additional space at the bottom.

If you hide the Dock labels you will end up with that fourth row of icons. Whats cool is that now my dock icons cover up the hard transition that you would see when scrolling up the icons. It looks like they are behind the dock icons, especilly true if you have some kind of a shadow.

One thing is for sure, because of the flaws in this update I started exploring a direction I wouldn't have otherwise. I'm actually not going to push for five icons right now. So devs, please fix that issue, but its not pressing for me right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Dockswap & rSBT-1.jpg   New Dockswap & rSBT-2.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    Here is what I've arrived at, I feel its the proper amount of overlap.

Icons: 105 x 105 and then increase the height to 135 with the additional space at the bottom.

If you hide the Dock labels you will end up with that fourth row of icons. Whats cool is that now my dock icons cover up the hard transition that you would see when scrolling up the icons. It looks like they are behind the dock icons, especilly true if you have some kind of a shadow.

One thing is for sure, because of the flaws in this update I started exploring a direction I wouldn't have otherwise. I'm actually not going to push for five icons right now. So devs, please fix that issue, but its not pressing for me right now.

Interested, I have been trying to mess with the mini dock to get the dock a little bigger with no luck. It seems to just take the top 10 pixels or so of whatever size image i put up...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do u get to put 5 images on the dock? i have dock swap and rsbt . also how can i get all my apps to scroll on the springboard at one time not just 16 of them but all of them?
    Give God what is right...not what's left!

Thanks

What do you mean, not just 16 of them?

If you use rSBT, you can have all your icons in the Extended section to have them scroll.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wishtoplay View Post
    how do u get to put 5 images on the dock? i have dock swap and rsbt . also how can i get all my apps to scroll on the springboard at one time not just 16 of them but all of them?
    Do you mean no dock?? If so, just turn off the dock in summerboard prefs...

Thanks

Yet another worthless upgrade for rBST.

I've now upgraded to the latest (version 0.3.3). I keep waiting for the one that will give me back what Summerboard 2.0 stole from me--my 5 icon dock.

Thanks

So what's the point of extended springboard in rsbt?

Thanks

Angry Announcing. . .
    Yet another worthless upgrade. . .

This time the honor goes to. . ...Dockswap 0.02-1

STILL doesn't work.

I can only hope that they are stacking updates because the one that works is on the way and needs this framework.