Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NES/GpSPhone/snes4iphone games won't save

Default NES/GpSPhone/snes4iphone games won't save
    Hi. I have recently installed some emulators on my iPhone, and put games on them (all the games i put on there work) however when i try to save the game, it does not save. It asks me if i want to save, and then if i press yes, it doesn't save still.

I have looked around for a solution, many of which involve using WinSCP or another WFTP/FTP program. However, these methods require the installation of BSD Subsystem, which i do not want to install because i am unable to uninstall it afterwards. Is there an alternative method to fixing this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Edit. I'm sorry I accidentally placed this in the wrong forum. Could a moderator please move this to discussion? Thank you.
    Last edited by xlildragon; 03-05-2008 at 04:21 AM.

You probably need to change permissions on the ROM folders of each emulator.
    select the folder with the roms in it (for example:NES, SNES) ant change its permissions to 777

Thanks

Well, sorry, but you will need BSD subsystem or Cydia to do this:
    do
    type chown -hR mobile /var/mobile/Media
    in terminal
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

andypropaganda (04-09-2008), bootlucky (08-19-2009), reppin4you (03-07-2008), xxjoebreadxx (04-04-2008)

Is Cydia uninstallable? I know bad subsystem is not, that is my only gripe.

no, Cydia cant be uninstalled either.

and there is no fix without bsd or cydia.

Thanks

In fact I'm surprised you want to run 3rd party apps without them on your phone lol; you're going to hit a dead end very soon if you don't get some binaries on your phone.
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Well, sorry, but you will need BSD subsystem or Cydia to do this:
    do
    type chown -hR mobile /var/mobile/Media
    in terminal
    thanx I can know save my games.

hmm so how exactly do you do the "chown" stuff? does this have to be on SSH?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Still a little confused
    Thanks for the post, it's getting me on the path of saving games. I still can't figure out how to type this in the terminal, or when I do, it says "incorrect" and won't let me go on.

If it helps, I'm running Leopard, and I use Fugu to upload the ROMs.

I have BSD Subsystem on my iPhone as well... any suggestions?

Thanks!
    - The World Is Quiet Here -

Thanks

Go into terminal and enter your password/username which should be alpine/root.
    Then just type it in exactly as it's posted and hit enter. It should work fine for NES/gpSPhone. I still can't get my SNES to save anything.

can someone help and post where to get psx roms? thanks in advance!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tome76 View Post
    can someone help and post where to get psx roms? thanks in advance!
    No.
    [/RIGHT]

Do you have to create the ROMs folder in the emulator folders on SSH?

Thanks

Yes.

And to tome76, piracy can't be talked about on the forums, sorry.

On another note, does ANYONE know how I can make my F'in SNES save games? I've tried a bunch of different code in terminal, but nothing wants to work.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 04-24-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Try setting your permissions on your SNES ROM folder and all the ROMs in it to 0777.

Just right click on the SNES folder, go to properties, and set the number to 0777. Then in the ROM folder just hit Ctrl+A and right click and do the same thing.

I did that will all my ROMs and I didn't have to do the stupid command thingy.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cheezy For This Useful Post:

insane780 (07-20-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone derrickb16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    Try setting your permissions on your SNES ROM folder and all the ROMs in it to 0777.

Just right click on the SNES folder, go to properties, and set the number to 0777. Then in the ROM folder just hit Ctrl+A and right click and do the same thing.

I did that will all my ROMs and I didn't have to do the stupid command thingy.
    works perfectly thanks!
    IF I'VE HELPED YOU BE SURE YOU HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!

Hey I’m a new user, sry if there’s any redundancy but I am still struggling to save Snes games on iphone and nothing works. I downloaded the emulator and the roms off of the apfelphone.net source from installer and they work fine but they just don’t save. I also didn’t use any computer program to get the roms and install them. I typed the chown –hR…. code in terminal and it just says operation not permitted after every action, I’m guessing I have to change the permission code but I have no idea how too. Or where to find it. Desperate need of help.
    Thanks in advance.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raven117 View Post
    Hey Iím a new user, sry if thereís any redundancy but I am still struggling to save Snes games on iphone and nothing works. I downloaded the emulator and the roms off of the apfelphone.net source from installer and they work fine but they just donít save. I also didnít use any computer program to get the roms and install them. I typed the chown ĖhRÖ. code in terminal and it just says operation not permitted after every action, Iím guessing I have to change the permission code but I have no idea how too. Or where to find it. Desperate need of help.
    Thanks in advance.
    Lol n00b paypal me 10bucks and I teach u

Quote Originally Posted by raven117 View Post
    Hey Iím a new user, sry if thereís any redundancy but I am still struggling to save Snes games on iphone and nothing works. I downloaded the emulator and the roms off of the apfelphone.net source from installer and they work fine but they just donít save. I also didnít use any computer program to get the roms and install them. I typed the chown ĖhRÖ. code in terminal and it just says operation not permitted after every action, Iím guessing I have to change the permission code but I have no idea how too. Or where to find it. Desperate need of help.
    Thanks in advance.
    Open terminal, then type su. This will create a superuser shell (root access). Type in the root password (default is alpine for FW 1.1.4 if you haven't changed it). Then try the chown command again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast