Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Release iSwitcher v0.90 & Installer app

Default Release iSwitcher v0.90 & Installer app
    RELEASE: iSwitcher v0.90 (09-11-2007)

I'm pleased to announce the immediate release of iSwitcher v0.90. This one IS (finally) a fully contained app. I have tested in on my restored iPhone (there were indeed problems with previous releases and unmoded phones).

Grab it HERE

I have also included a patch for Installer app to add my 'source' to allow installation with Installer app.

Please discuss here...
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-12-2007 at 12:37 AM.
    White 3G

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I am getting script error when installing v.90 through installer.

Is this new sourse of your override existing sources or does it add to them?

i see no iswitcher in installer....
    Hit Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone559 View Post
    i see no iswitcher in installer....
    You need to download the InstallPak1 file and install it. It will REPLACE your sources.plist file with a modified one that adds my source for installing iSwitcher v0.90. I'll post a manual install for those that are not able to use iBrickr or Breezy tomorrow.
    White 3G

I think this has been answered somewhere but can't find it after a search. Is iSwitcher compatible with Summerboard?

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Greg,

You're the man.
    I was successfully installed both the V90 and your themepak#1 via Installer.

Thankyou.

BTW, anything special about V90 aside from being installable from Installer?
    Oh and..just so you know..SIM Unlocked was successful for me also. In your opinion, if i factory restored the phone, will the SIM unlocked still be there?

Oh and..you went with an EVEN number this time...hahahaha.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    You need to download the InstallPak1 file and install it. It will REPLACE your sources.plist file with a modified one that adds my source for installing iSwitcher v0.90. I'll post a manual install for those that are not able to use iBrickr or Breezy tomorrow.
    BTW, it's not updated on ibrickr.

edit-nevermind
    Last edited by sogo; 09-12-2007 at 02:20 AM.

just installed iSwitcher and iLauncher great work with the theme pack greg! mabye Loring can pack up his work for us ;D
    Last edited by uPhone559; 09-12-2007 at 03:57 AM.
    Hit Thanks!

was wondering if you could make the maze theme from the downloads section in a iswitcher format?? thanx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    Greg,

You're the man.
    I was successfully installed both the V90 and your themepak#1 via Installer.

Thankyou.

BTW, anything special about V90 aside from being installable from Installer?
    Oh and..just so you know..SIM Unlocked was successful for me also. In your opinion, if i factory restored the phone, will the SIM unlocked still be there?

Oh and..you went with an EVEN number this time...hahahaha.
    Re: v0.90, nothing updated in iSwitcher, it's really 0.88 code and 0.90 packaging.
    Re: iUnlock, looks like it is reflashing an EPROM or something. Usually that is a hard change but it CAN be overridden with an update.
    Re: Yup, even Steven..

Edit: confirmation that iUnlock is not permanent.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://iphone.unlock.no/
    s the unlock permanent? Can i restore my phone or upgrade it?

The unlock is not permanent. You can however upgrade/restore, as long as baseband is not updated. That means (as far as i know):

If you have 1.00, phone will be locked when you upgrade to anything
    If you have 1.01, you can update to 1.02 since modem is not updated
    If you have 1.01 or 1.02 you can perform a restore in iTunes without locking it again
    If 1.03 is released, WAIT till we get confirmed that it's not updating baseband
    It will probably be possible in some way to prevent updates from writing the baseband firmware. Maybe spoofing version number on the phone or something?

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone559 View Post
    just installed iSwitcher and iLauncher great work with the theme pack greg! mabye Loring can pack up his work for us ;D
    YES I have that one. I created an iSwitcher theme awhile back, hang tight...

Do you need it on Installer? If so it will take me a few days. I can get the pxl version posted faster.

Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    I think this has been answered somewhere but can't find it after a search. Is iSwitcher compatible with Summerboard?
    Yes but that does not mean that all themes will play nice with SummerBoard (i.e. dkMatrix)
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-12-2007 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    White 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

any change of getting a pxl with the PackageSources.plist that includes Death To Design and High Tymes as well as your new source for iSwitcher?

nvm, just edited it
    Last edited by iPhone1118; 09-12-2007 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I am the MacBook Pro

tried to install peppo theme with ibrickr and didn't load now don't know were to find it or why it didn't upload to iswitcher. here is link to attachment

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=612

thanx

Quote Originally Posted by riassan View Post
    tried to install peppo theme with ibrickr and didn't load now don't know were to find it or why it didn't upload to iswitcher. here is link to attachment

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=612

thanx
    Please contact the 'provider' of that theme for support. I did not create that pxl package.
    Thanks
    White 3G

Default where do i install it
    where do install these files can someone please help

this is what i'm talking about right here. Installer.app is where the party's always been.

I installed the installerpak using breezy but iswitcher is not showing up in launcher. I am just blind?

Nevermind just installed 0.9 with breezy.

Quote Originally Posted by Farani View Post
    I installed the installerpak using breezy but iswitcher is not showing up in launcher. I am just blind?

Nevermind just installed 0.9 with breezy.
    The "installerpak" installs my source for Installer app, the iPhone application, not the iSwitcher program

Of course, now you can run Installer and install the other applications I am hosting, including iLauncher v0.31 and one iSwitcher themepak.
    White 3G

Do you mean peppo2 theme?
    It seems to be working fine for everyone else, you need to drag the whole folder (Peppo2.thm) into your theme folder.

fixed
    Last edited by billchase2; 09-13-2007 at 03:56 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

cant find iswitcher.app download some one help? is it in cydia or in installer? im lost!