+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got A Couple of Questions...

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Okay I'm what you'd call new to "modifying iphones" There cool and all, but they'd be cooler with mods, so thats just what I plan on doing, so I though
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Got A Couple of Questions...
    Okay I'm what you'd call new to "modifying iphones"

There cool and all, but they'd be cooler with mods, so thats just what I plan on doing, so I though I would start of with a couple of questions to varify.

1) About how much total space, on my iPhone, do you think the install.app and oh lets say 15 other apps would take up?

2) In the NES Emulator, I would install it from my iPhone after I got the installer.app from iBrickr (I use a Windows PC) and I've heard that people start with only one game. So how, and where can I go to get the ROMs I need and how to I get them installed?

3) Is it possible to install the Launcher App, then put all your other apps in it, including the installer.app? This would make it so that your only adding one icon to the front page, but once you click it, theres all you other programs.

Thats pretty much it. Thanks a lot for any help. Also any tips for stuff like iBrickr and other stuff would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

xX It Was Luck Xx

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

1.) Not much, depends on the programs, but shouldnt interfere with media storage (i don't think 15 apps would be more than 150mb, and thats a HUGE stretch.. NES is like 1mb)

2.)It comes with NO games. Google "nes roms" and click the first link, "the old computer" .nes files go in /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES on your phone

3.) I think by default Launcher app has EVERY application in it, and you can use another program called rSBT to hide all your other icons.. so answer is YES! (with rSBT)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to unclear For This Useful Post:

xX It Was Luck Xx (09-11-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you so much, you cleared up a lot on 1 and 3, I'm still a little confused with #3 there, but I think I got the general idea of it. Anyway for #2... I said I would be using the program iBrickr, and I don't think it has a file browser to go to /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES on my iphone. Will I need to download another program that will allow me to access that bolded section. But as far as getting the roms go, that website is great.

p.s. i gave you a thank there

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

hmm.. I'm not sure, I thought I heard the new iBrickr had a file management deal, but I haven't used it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What program did you use to get your NES roms onto your iPhone, or do you not have the nes emulator on your phone?

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

once you are here /var/root/Media/ on ibrickr...click create folder button on ibrickr, pop-up window comes out...then type ROMs/ , hit return..then wait a bit..then click on ROMs on the fake phone...and then click on create folder again..type in NES/ ... youre done.

Then google for ROMs NES..tons of sites let you download them for free..once you have them ROMs..then get to NES/ and load your ROMs...

that's it....enjoy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

granregalo (09-27-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! That Worked Sundayduffer