Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there anyway to stop summerboard from adding your wallpaper to the springboard

Default Is there anyway to stop summerboard from adding your wallpaper to the springboard
    I don't want my front page wallpaper to appear behind my icons. Not right now anyway. Is there a way to stop this? I tried to look at the plist but cant really find an option.

I would like this feature as well, but as it stands I don't think there is any way to modify the settings right now.

what I did was hold my finger over the camera lens on the iPhone and took a picture, the pictue comes out all black just like the background we had before springboard. It's a good workaround and lets you have the black background back.
    Jimmie Geddes, Editor

if you use the traditional theme method, or the iskinner, then you shouldn't see the background. The wallpaper is part of the icon when you create skins this way and prevents it from being changed on the fly like summer board

Thanks

Whats the point of using summerboard and not using the wallpaper function? The whole wall paper is part of the icon always looked silly to me.
    Last edited by sogo; 09-11-2007 at 11:42 AM.

There is now. 1.9 just came out and you can turn the wallpaper behind the icons off.

What would be great is if the front page displayed an image but when you go to your springboard its just black behind the icons. I use Summerboard so I can list all my apps but the background has to be black to look right. So my frontpage is also black which doesn't look great. I can't figure out a workaround for this yet.

As I am writing this SMB prefs finally!!!! Thanks works perfectly!

I prefer a background on the home screen as I generally never look at the phone while its locked, except to check the time. It would be really cool if it supported two backgrounds, basically one for the home screen and the standard one you see while the phone is locked

Now there is! Check the new update with included SB prefs

All my wishes are answered now, the update fixes my concerns.

And SoGo - I use summerboard for the ability to scroll 20 or 30 apps on the screen, not for appearances.