+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: app suggestion: Bluetooth on/off switch

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I don't have the know how for this, but I feel like for the app writers out there it wouldn't be too terrible a task. It would be great if
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default app suggestion: Bluetooth on/off switch
    I don't have the know how for this, but I feel like for the app writers out there it wouldn't be too terrible a task. It would be great if we could have an app button on the springboard to toggle bluetooth on and off, so that you don't have to go Settings -> General -> Bluetooth -> Bluetooth on/off everytime you want to change it.

The same could also be said for a Wireless on/off toggle also...

Thanks if anyone is interested....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think this is a GREAT idea!

Call me lazy but it would be so much nicer to have an app that can switch bluetooth on/off.

The wifi switch doesnt bother me as much, since I mostly have on it all the time so I can connect when its available, and its also in the first area of the settings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah, it's partially a matter of laziness for me, and partially just something that makes sense. I don't like keeping the BT on all the time for security concerns as well as battery. I don't use an earpiece, I only use the BT when I get in my car,so it would be nice if I could quickly turn on/off when needed.

As for Wifi, same deal, I like conserving the battery. Second, for whatever reason, my school wifi blocks my pop connection to email, so that if I connect to the wifi there, I can't get my email, so I usually keep it off.

Everyone's got reasons for it, can't see a reason not to shoot for this

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Either on the SB or in the mobilephone.app itself. It makes sense to have it associated with the phone interface. But a SB button would also be handy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any luck with this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This app already exists: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8177

Works great with my iPhone