Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cycorder Video Question

Default Cycorder Video Question
    How do you get the Cycorder videos off of the phone?

Is there a way to e-mail them or something? I'm pretty sure cycorder doesn't allow you to do that.

Basically, does anybody know what folder the videos are stored so I can SSH them?

From another user somewhere else....
    "If you are a Windows user, you could use free iPhone software like iPhoneBrowser which allows you iPhone's file system. Check the link below for more details about iPhoneBrowser here: Free iPhone Software - iPhoneBrowser allows you to access iPhone's file system - iPhone Hacks
    The video files recorded using Cycorder are stored in: User/Media/Videos under the root directory."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to striXer For This Useful Post:

illuminatty (01-08-2009)

I don't have a fancy PC but thanks for the directory!

Default Email Cycorder videos
    Quote Originally Posted by illuminatty View Post
    How do you get the Cycorder videos off of the phone?

Is there a way to e-mail them or something? I'm pretty sure cycorder doesn't allow you to do that.

Basically, does anybody know what folder the videos are stored so I can SSH them?
    It's also possible to email small videos if you have Chronus installed. Here's how:

- take a video with Cycorder
    - quit Cycorder and launch Chronus
    - have Chronus backup Cycorder (NOTE: this will backup ALL the Cycorder videos)
    - click on the backup and you'll have an option to email it

What will arrive in the email will be a compressed tar archive which includes the full path of Cycorder folders along with any videos stored on the phone at the time of the backup. Just decompress and you're good to go.

This will fail for large videos (and almost certainly crash Mail in the process), but it's useful to send a short clip (up to about 15 or maybe 20 seconds).

An easy way to do it is use PPVideoEnabler for Cydia. It will allow you the upload your videos to Facebook and Youtube. Also you can sync your videos to iPhoto.

Bill