+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Doom.app Demo Gameplay Movies?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Has anyone ever got the demo movies to play in the Doom.app? I've placed the shareware .wad in /var/root/Media/Doom, named "doom1.wad". According to the directions, that should work, and the
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Cool Doom.app Demo Gameplay Movies?
    Has anyone ever got the demo movies to play in the Doom.app? I've placed the shareware .wad in /var/root/Media/Doom, named "doom1.wad". According to the directions, that should work, and the demo gameplay movie should play. It just switches between the 3 logo/credits screens forever. I've even tried the Full game .wad, with numerous different names, just in case. Any hints?

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There are no controls yet which is why you can't get to the menu with the game running in the background.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Has anyone ever got the demo movies to play in the Doom.app? I've placed the shareware .wad in /var/root/Media/Doom, named "doom1.wad". According to the directions, that should work, and the demo gameplay movie should play. It just switches between the 3 logo/credits screens forever. I've even tried the Full game .wad, with numerous different names, just in case. Any hints?

Thanks!
    Same with me. I don't think any MMI users understood your question, I have posted with the same problem. THere must be some kind of permissions or whatever it is mod to get the "supposed to be a demo movie? All I see is 3-4 STILL pictures!

U N I N S T A L L E D!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    rexxiboy90807,

Thanks for the confirmation, I was beginning to think I was the only one who couldn't get it working.

From the author: "...And while the controller doesn’t work as of yet and there’s no audio, you can at least check out the demo games and be sure that a more functional version will be coming sometime soon…"

From another page:

After that:
    1) download the iPhone Doom distribution.
    2) download the Doom .wad file — or use your own copy if you have a full version Doom .wad file.
    3) Place both on your iPhone… wad file goes to /var/root/Media/Doom

That’s about it, now you can see Doom demo games.

Why would you even have the option of putting in the .wad file if it doesn't use it to play the demo? Why waste the space with a 4mb .wad file if the app doesn't do anything with it...?