Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with Summerboard and rSBT

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Problems with Summerboard and rSBT
    I can't be alone in this, can I? I used Summerboard without issue until late last week when I added the additional Community Sources to mod my background. Then when I ran Summerboard, most icons went away with the remaining icons being non functioning. Thank God for the Dock so I was able to access the installer.app to uninstall. I have since done a full restore and removed the 3rd party sources that I thought was causing the conflict. Still no love. I am using SB 1.7 (will upgrade to 1.8 asap-but not hopeful). I love Summerboard and need to get it working again (Running iTunes 7.4 and firmware 1.0.2).

Also, for over a week, my rSBT.app hasn't had any up/down arrows? How do you move apps around? am I missing something? Any help is most appreciated. Keep up the quality Modding!!! David

I recently restored and remodded everything. now I can't put anything in the hidden section of rsbt. I figured it migthve been b/c I hadn't installed launcher and there'd be no way to get to them.. but I still can't! I don't need demo app and field test in my regular list of home icons!!

Quote Originally Posted by jujubeanser View Post
    I recently restored and remodded everything. now I can't put anything in the hidden section of rsbt. I figured it migthve been b/c I hadn't installed launcher and there'd be no way to get to them.. but I still can't! I don't need demo app and field test in my regular list of home icons!!
    I think from what I read, it's a bug that you need to have an icon already in hidden to drag more into it. So if you have 17 icons, 1 will be in the hidden section and then you can drag more. But if that doesnt work you can always hide them the old fashioned way by editing the displayorder from on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrown0690 View Post
    Also, for over a week, my rSBT.app hasn't had any up/down arrows? How do you move apps around? am I missing something? Any help is most appreciated. Keep up the quality Modding!!! David
    tap the item you want to move once, then drag from it's far right part (you should see 3 little horizontal lines) similar to rearranging favorites or bookmarks. drag down or up to rearrange. if you want to put it into another category, you have to drag it down past the divider, and it'll snap into place but the top item already there will pop up one category. just drag that one back down to the first slot and you're set. (i hope i explained this right...)

uninstall ilauncher and summerboard will work fine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Still no Summerboard joy
    Thanks Steinah, I knew I was overlooking something obvious. I can't believe I didn't connect the dots and figure it out for myself. Celltech, I didn't have iLauncher installed but had Launcher and xLaunch (?) installed. I uninstalled both of those and it still puts up a handfull of icons (albeit in a different arrangement) and they still don't work. Uninstalling Summerboard restores functionality. There is an obvious conflict, just can't figure out where. Thanks for any help. D

So, I did notice the moving bars in rSBT in all the fields except my Extended Springboard. Also, when I scroll pas one page in my Extended Springboard, the list disappears suddenly. Me smells a Gremlin in the gears...

I can factory restore and begin again, in fact that is what I will do tonight unless someone knows of a particularly buggy app that may be causing other core functions to misbehave. So sad. These are among my top three useful apps.
    Last edited by dbrown0690; 09-10-2007 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I can factory restore and begin again, in fact that is what I will do tonight unless someone knows of a particularly buggy app that may be causing other core functions to misbehave. So sad. These are among my top three useful apps.

That is exactly what I just finished doing... Unfortunately I'm right back to where I left off.

Does anyone have a solution for this? What am I (and dbrown) doing wrong?

I've also noticed that this happens after the screen goes dark after non use. I let it sit for a few minutes (deep sleep). Then when I hit the power button to activate it, the slider is a little sluggish and after sliding opens to an empty springboard.
    Last edited by esolu; 09-12-2007 at 08:58 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So, I did notice the moving bars in rSBT in all the fields except my Extended Springboard. Also, when I scroll pas one page in my Extended Springboard, the list disappears suddenly. Me smells a Gremlin in the gears...

If that is happening, just hit the save button in rSBT, exit and let it reset springboard. Unlock phone and now go back into rSBT. It won't do it anymore

yea i have the same issue as well....whenever i go to sleep....my whole springboard goes black and ihave to turn on/off my phone just to see it again....can some one figure this issue out

Quote Originally Posted by mcazurin View Post
    yea i have the same issue as well....whenever i go to sleep....my whole springboard goes black and ihave to turn on/off my phone just to see it again....can some one figure this issue out
    I restored my phone and didn't free it or install anything. I noticed that my phone would stutter when starting up out of a "deep sleep". I have about 5 friends with iPhones and none of theirs do this. In fact after playing with it more it would do really weird things coming out of deep sleep from time to time. Like the time on the clock jumping around, wallpaper flashing in and out, the opening click sound from the slider not playing for 30 seconds or until I went into an application.

I've returned my phone for a replacement and have had no more problems. I don't think it was summerboard or any of the apps causing my problems.

EDIT: why does my name say "still uses windows" when I'm posting from Ubuntu and Firefox?
    Last edited by esolu; 09-14-2007 at 02:27 PM.

I have rSBT 0.3.3 and Summerboard 2.0 installed and my iphone keeps on freezing at the homescreen when pushing the home button while in cover flow. Does anyone have the same problem?