+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATT MMS and Swirly MMS

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but my ATT account is now offering the regular unlimited messaging option, which includes MMS. I tried the Swirly MMS
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ATT MMS and Swirly MMS
    I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but my ATT account is now offering the regular unlimited messaging option, which includes MMS. I tried the Swirly MMS app and it's working with my standard iPhone data plan, no special changsd required. Perhaps a true MMS is on the way?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

which settings are you using in Swirly I have unlimited messaging and its not working, let us know and thanks
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This was listed as an auto option:

mmsc.cingular.com

Medium
    Iphone

Thanks

this is the option that is 20 a month right?

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

corect, on my account i have the regular unlimited for 20, and also is the optionn for unlimited iphone text messaging for 20.

When I logged it, the regular messaging was already the option chosen.

Thanks

Then REgular is the key mine only shows Iphone Unlimited on my account I wonder how you get regular

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not sure, I've made no calls to CS. Hope it stays that way..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so thinking....i have the message unlimited for families since my wifes phone is also on the account and we got the family text plan for unlimited texting for both phones for 30 a month. when i go onto ATT and look at my features it has the unlimited for families checked, and none of the iphone text messaging plans...

so in theory, you'd think this would work since i have a text message plan for all phones on the line and not a specific iphone text plan????

i just downloaded swirlymms and tried it...i just continue to get a message when i try to send the text with picture with something about needing a green M. there is a M in the top bar that appears green, not grey, but i still get nothing.

EDIT: ok, now i get the green M. now get the message for incorrect settings. guess i will just go through all the settings in the auto wizard and from people on here. if it still does not work, guess that means my text plan is not correct. ?
    Last edited by mpdrew; 01-04-2009 at 04:50 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Being from the UK i'm not sure how it works over there on AT&T but you may not have MMS enabled on your contract. I know O2-UK over here have it disabled when you start a new contract with an iPhone. Try your SIM in another phone and see if MMS works in that (if it does take a note of the settings)

Thanks

I downloaded it and went through half of the automatic settings. I tried to send a message with an image and it is just stuck in the outbox. It says sending...then beeps. No error message but it still sits there. Green M at the top of the screen too. Guess it just wont work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So this is what I've gathered. I spent alot of time last night trying to get swirlymms to work. I tried calling AT&T several times to activate mms pay per use or media net pay per use and they say the system automatically takes it off after they add it because I am on the iphone plan. I called 3 different people same result. Finally I just stuck my sim in my motorola L7. Left it in there a while, made a call, sent a few sms, then tried sending MMS, it failed the first few times but after about 10 or 15 min I was able to send a MMS on my motorola L7. I was pretty excited since the att reps said it wasnt possible. I then went and stuck my sim in my iphone and i was able to send and receive mms's using settings

mmsc.cingular.com
    wap.cingular

However this morning the mms was turned off again. I tried sticking the sim back in my motorola L7 and no go. If I call them its gonna be pointless I am assuming, gosh I hate at&t. I am on a family unlimited sms plan.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

I downloaded swirly mms about five days ago on my 16g Iphone 3g. when i first downloaded it i was using the 15 dollar 1500 text message plan for iphone. I tried about a million different settings and none of them worked. Then two days later my family switched to the 30 dollar family unlimited plan (which is supposed to support mms). Well about two minutes after switching the plan over online i got back onto swirly mms and put these settings in

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Image Size: High (but have used it on all of them and still worked)
    UserAgent: iPhone

and sure enough i was able to send a picture to my girlfriend who sent one back to me and showed up on my phone.

i did read in a post in the forums that says it is againt a contract with apple to allow wap push to an iPhone. Here is that thread http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t/45539...wirly-mms.html

I got it to work for att and im in california. Try the setting i gave, hopefully you guys can get it to work, good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same settings on my 16gb iphone and I send an receive pictures to the amazement of all the people I know who say it isn't possible.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok question: I see on my account that i have the "Messaging Unlimited for Families - Shared" option. My group consists of two regular phones and 2 iPhones. If i take off the iPhone messaging options for both of the iPhones and select the "Messaging Unlimited for Families - Shared" option, i would have unlimited text, picture, and video messages for everyone in my family (including the two iPhones) and i would save $10 a month right?
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 02-07-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    iLive an iLife

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a 16 gig Iphone 3g, am on ATT and I downloaded Swirly mms a while back. I dug through the forums to try to figure out the settings and read that you had to call ATT to get WAP push enabled and that your visual voicemail would be disabled at that point. Well, I hung it up after that. However, after reading through this thread, and realizing that we had also recently switched to unlimited family texting, I reinstalled Swirly and tried again.

I can confirm that this works. Without any special settings (the settings in the previous post are what I used) this works. I just successfully sent my first MMS and confirmed receipt of it. It's awesome!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Its working for me on AT&T too finally.

I had installed swirly a month or so ago and it didnt work (tried various settings that people listed), and I had tried to get someone at tech support to enable WAP push, and was of course told they wouldn't, so I figured that was that and I uninstalled it.

For the heck of it i decided to try it again a couple days ago and now its all of a sudden working. I guess for me I got lucky cause when I got my iphone a few months ago, they never changed my texting plan from my last phone, so on my bill it still shows up as MESSAGING UNLIMITED Includes: Multimedia Messaging, Text Messaging, and also MEDIA MAX UNL MNET is listed on there.

So i'm not sure why its working now when a month ago it wasn't, especially since I never was able to get WAP push enabled, but it is...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im in California... I had the trial installed before and it was working but the trial expired so I stoppped using it. I decided to buy it, but I cant get the "M" icon to turn green.. Anyone know of any ideas? I have tried a number of the settings to no avail. Do I need to call AT&T again and have them enable WAP Push again? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yea my swirly has been working recently for some reason. i havent made any changes to my account but i am on the family messaging plan with visual voicemail enabled.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

Thanks

Well, I just tried it but my demo was over. I was wondering if it would work to receive one so I sent one from my Razr and it went through but will not let me view it till I buy it. Guess I will now pay for it. Will let y'all know tomorrow if it still works.
    I love my iPhone Cydia style.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    if Swirlymms isnt working its most likely cuz AT&T has turned mms for ur specific fone on ur plan. i just spent the whole day on the fone w/ them and got them to turn it bak on.
    another problem after they turn it on is they have a program called "Snooper" it goes over accounts and changes settings to b the way they r suposed 2 b. it went over my acount and turned mms off for my fone again... if u can get them to turn mms on make sure they do it in snooper also otherwise it will turn off w/ in a day...

hope this helps.