Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: ATT MMS and Swirly MMSis a discussion within the
Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussionforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
So ok it says 30$ for family messaging and 29.99 for the one I have now. If I change it to 30$ that should make swirly work?...
02-18-2009, 12:05 AM #21
So ok it says 30$ for family messaging and 29.99 for the one I have now.
If I change it to 30$ that should make swirly work?
Last edited by llj1137075; 02-18-2009 at 12:05 AM. Reason: I don't know how to post a picture.
02-18-2009, 01:26 AM #22
i had swirly on my iphone and it had that AUTO WIZARD which finds the settings for u and u can pick. i had it working fine on my att plan up until saturday cause my iphone messed up. i went into apple, they gave me a refurbished iphone and i downloaded swirly again and im using the same settings. BUT its not working anymore the green M comes up and it always says cannot connet to http...............HELP
Last edited by si_fo_sho; 02-18-2009 at 01:33 AM.
02-18-2009, 10:19 AM #23
02-18-2009, 11:16 AM #24
Working for me from the get-go on the first settings it brings up...i'm on a plan w/ my family and have unlimited family messaging. Quick question, does swirly have to be open and running to receive incoming messages or will it run in the background and notify you when one is received?
02-18-2009, 11:32 AM #25
The Following User Says Thank You to nickc19 For This Useful Post:
02-18-2009, 11:34 AM #26
02-18-2009, 11:50 AM #27
Well, I just bought the app and it does not work for me. I have the same plan as everyone says but it will not work for me. Any other suggestions.I love my iPhone Cydia style.
02-18-2009, 11:53 AM #28
I've tried out all of the above suggestions, and I still get the error message. I've been on the family unlimited texting - shared plan since it was available on at&t.
Dunno what else I can try.
02-18-2009, 01:09 PM #29
that's weird, somehow I just installed it, used the first setting given and started sending and receiving mms right away
02-18-2009, 02:31 PM #30
Hi just thought I'd say you have to have edge enabled for the green m to work, I didn't the first time I tried it and felt a fool when I realised what I'd done wrong. When you do get it working all the effort is worth it beleive me.
02-18-2009, 10:11 PM #31
damn thing still isnt working for me. on my other iphone i had 2.2.0 and when it messed up, apple gave me a refurbished one with 2.2.1 on it. im wondering if thats why its not working. im gonna go back to 2.2.0 tonight and hopefully it fixes it
02-19-2009, 12:52 AM #32
For those of you who have gotten Swirly to work...are any of you using a NON 3G iphone? I have the unlimited family text w/mms whatever, but it did not work for me. Even after having AT&T enable WAP. This was over a month ago, but I have the 1st gen phone, and plan with AT&T.
02-20-2009, 02:40 PM #33
05-08-2009, 07:45 PM #34My Experience
For what it's worth here's what worked for me.
1) Call AT&T. Act stupid, say you are trying to set-up an e-mail server and your "tech guy" said you have to have W-A-P push enabled for it to work (spell it out it makes you sound stupider). BE NICE! If they can't help you say thank you and call back later. I recommend calling late(r) at night.
2) Have an extra AT&T phone handy. Leaving your iPhone on, take your SIM card out and put it into the extra phone. Turn the phone off and on a couple times. Then try and send and receive MMS. Once you can, take the SIM card out and put it back into your iPhone. Supposedly this would make MMS work. However for me it didn't. BUT, what it did do is allow me to select "Unlimited Messaging" as a text message option at wireless.att.com.
3) Select Unlimited Messaging as an option online.
4) Call AT&T again and have them downgrade your text message plan to iPhone Data + 200 text (saves $10). If they ask about your messaging change just say you're going to be using a different phone when you're traveling and using MMS. Again BE NICE, and ACT STUPID.
5) As soon as the change is reflected in your online account, reboot your iPhone and it SHOULD work with the following settings:
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.comProxy: 184.108.40.206APN: [blank]Username: [blank]Password: [blank]Image Size: Doesn't matter (though the larger it is the longer it'll take). Mine is set to medium.UserAgent: Nokia_N95These are the only settings that have worked for me.
- If you can receive the MMS but can't download it, you have to have your MMS enabled by AT&T (in my experience I changed my TXT messaging plan to the Unlimited)
- If you don't have a green M, you more than likely don't have WAP push enabled. You have to call AT&T and have them do it.
Let me know if this works for you!