Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to relieve Summerboard-induced clutter?

Default How to relieve Summerboard-induced clutter?
    I have a bit of an interesting/complicated question.

I installed Summerboard on my iPhone and LOVE it. However, i thought that having 20 icons on my screen looked rather cluttered, so I wanted to find a way to ensure that there was a one row gap between Apple's 12 icons and my 12 native apps. That way, I could look at my iPhone like normal when I wanted to with all my 3rd party apps hidden off screen, and only in view when scrolled to.

I figured out how to do this using the iFun 1, 2, 3, 4 blank spots from iFuntastic. However, as many know, this changes a number of the app names ( MobileMediaPlayer instead of iPod, i.e). So I changed the names back using the iFuntastic support file, but what it seems this does is add a black backing behind the icon and write the desired name in white below it.

Thus, when I tried to use a wallpaper, it was covered by black behind my renamed icons and was visable behind the ones I had not changed in iFuntastic.

Is there any way to achieve my goal of separating the regular and 3rd party apps with an empty row, not using iFuntastic and encountering the aforementioned wallpaper problem?

Thank you for your help!

I've been looking for a way to do this for a while now.
    I hope a developer can figure out an easy way!

i've been thinking about this too, but it should not be that difficult

personally this is what i think;

i think that the summerboard and the rSBT or whatever its called, should be merged into one, and also, when in the rSBT portion, it should have an ' insert blank app here' button

^^ that would certainly solve all the aforementioned problems as well as mine

can someone please help

***attn rSBT devs***

rSBT and SummerBoard work perfect for me. I love em use em all the time. You can set some icons with rSBT to be hidden and use Launcher or whatever to access those hidden ones. That's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Megahalo View Post
    rSBT and SummerBoard work perfect for me. I love em use em all the time. You can set some icons with rSBT to be hidden and use Launcher or whatever to access those hidden ones. That's what I do.
    Yup same process except with iLauncher
    White 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

i would also like to be able to control the number of 'main' icons and then just be able to scroll down to the rest

just a thought
    use the already implemented rSBT number of SpringBoard icons setting to determine the number of blank spaces after the SpringBoard icons and before the Extended SpringBoard icons thus allowing the user to create a nice clutter free workspace

btw i love rSBT and SummerBoard ... they are awesome!!!
    I am the MacBook Pro

Ive been looking for a way to do this also, I was just gonna create some blank applications with transparent icons, but then what would happen if your finger touches them? i think it would just try to open an app and crash back to the screen...

rsbt should have in one of the future updates a 'blank icon' option that you can just drag...whether you wanna fill up a whole row of them, or just make spaces between your icons.

Okay, this just seems really silly to me... are you guys saying you want to be able to set your screens up like this?

Top of iPhone
    X X X X
    X X X X
    X X X X

[X X X X] <-DOCK

X X X X
    X X X X
    X X X X

So that you now have to scroll up like 3 or 4 rows to 'get' to your other apps?

What the hell for???
    White 3G

so if they have mismatched icons they won't have to see them in the main screen unless they scroll to get to them. i'd actually like that too...

Quote Originally Posted by steinah View Post
    so if they have mismatched icons they won't have to see them in the main screen unless they scroll to get to them. i'd actually like that too...
    Ah I see, all my themes have 20 matching icons, don't have that problem. Sorry...
    White 3G

We want it to look like a stock iphone. (The number and positions, not icons)

Like this
    X X X X
    X X X X
    X X X X

D O C K
    X X X X
    X X X X
    X X X X

anyone know how to get intouch with the rSTB developers?

or any other developers who could make this possible.

Looks like the Summerboard prefrences fixed this.

If you get summerboard 1.9 there is a setting in prefs that allows you to insert one blank line. It does exactly what you want.