Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For those of you using ApolloIM

Default For those of you using ApolloIM
    Are ApolloIM's instant messages counted as a text message on your bill?

It doesn't use one of your 200 txts to send/receive messages?

If I were to load up ApolloIM could I txt my friends like I do on AIM for free?

Thanks guys

Text messages are sent through a specific server, with a specific protocol. ONLY SMS will use this, and ONLY SMS will count against your text messages. All other data, including IM, is sent as, well, data. You already get unlimited data. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by nastard View Post
    Text messages are sent through a specific server, with a specific protocol. ONLY SMS will use this, and ONLY SMS will count against your text messages. All other data, including IM, is sent as, well, data. You already get unlimited data. No worries.
    Thank you good sir.

Why they hell does anyone txt then? Just use ApolloIM to text for freeee using AIM. Sick.

Same reason why there's e-mail, and MSN, etc. Not everyone's on AIM, and not everyone has the ability to ALWAYS be on AIM...

I think he's referring to the fact that you can add phone numbers to your AIM buddy list and send text messages to your friends for free. Yes, with ApolloIM you can send free text messages over AIM. The downside is that ApolloIM still uses the full contact ID instead of their nickname, and the interface isn't quite as pretty as the included SMS app.

It would be cool if they included an "SMS Mode" and stored chat histories with SMS contacts.

ohmygod i did not know that. thank you so much!!

one reason not to use apollo all the time...is BATTERY LIFE. it drains it like a mofo.