Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: summerboard 1.7

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation summerboard 1.7
    my background is still dim grrrrrrrrrrrrr.oh well great app.forget my b.m.w. am the only one though????i doubt it

Anyone know whats changed?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The dimming is annoying, but now that I've designed all my themes around it, would be a pain for it to switch back....just set SBDockBG2 to 75% opacity and it'll blend.

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else yet, but summerboard JACKED MY PHONE! All I have is the menu bar. Switched a theme with iSwitcher, now summerboard is apparently not loading. This is with 1.7 - nothing wrong with the theme BTW, used it and several others with no problem with previous SB versions.
    Last edited by organik; 09-09-2007 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

with 1.6 I had summerboard just not work. The dock would load, but all the rest of the icons wouldn't load. just a black background. sometimes after locking the phone and letting it sit for a while it would work, other times I was forced to restart.

Restarting fixes the problem. The app is still new and is still buggy.

Thanks

restarting is not working, neither is resetting. I get the dock (with no icons), and the home screen (also with no icons) - and nothing is clickable. Any way to backtrack via SFTP - anyone know how to remove summerboard and go back to springboard?

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    restarting is not working, neither is resetting. I get the dock (with no icons), and the home screen (also with no icons) - and nothing is clickable. Any way to backtrack via SFTP - anyone know how to remove summerboard and go back to springboard?
    Oh man - that sux - been there done that. I had to restore... sorry. I was able to ssh into my phone and I could even connect with breezy / iphuc.

Maybe try installing an older version, I did not try that.
    White 3G

Quote Originally Posted by iddonaldson View Post
    Anyone know whats changed?
    I feel the animation is better. When you hit the home button, the list of icons scross from the bottom to the top smoother than the previous build.

Maybe i'm just crazy....

One thing that bugs me is that if you tap the icons lightly, it won't change shades. Springboard icons will change shades no matter how light/hard you tap them, likewise with the dock. Summerboard icons won't change shades unless you tap them hard.

Well I guess I'll update to check compatibility...

So far so good... One thing I noticed is when scrolling the home screen it does not return to the proper location. I run with 16 home screen icons (yeah I know...) and I can actually push it up under the top menubar and it stays there. The previous (1.6) version did not do this. However it seem the velocity of scrolling has been slowed down.

I would like it to not be so fluid (not like address book) when scrolling, it seems all wiggly and scroll more like photo gallery. It would scroll one row at a time no matter how much or fast you move your finger (like v0.87 of iSwitcher ). Good to see improvements and updates.

Edit: I do not have the airplane bug on my phone
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-09-2007 at 01:46 PM.
    White 3G

Thanks

Any ideas on how to remove this and go back to springboard via SFTP? I would REALLY love to avoid a restore. I'm stuck with a black homescreen, totally unresponsive after installing 1.7....going to try to install another theme via installipb...basically when I restart, I get the springboard for a second, with all my icons, then summerboard takes over and they all disappear, except for 1...but I can't click it.

installing another theme didn't work...
    Last edited by organik; 09-09-2007 at 02:34 PM. Reason: update

I just tried going to 1.6 and that didn't work either. I feel lost without the homescreen scroll.

I dunno.. But I still have not left summerboard 1.5 lol. I think its the best one out there... Mix it with dockswap and your set =)
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos2800 View Post
    I just tried going to 1.6 and that didn't work either. I feel lost without the homescreen scroll.
    No, sorry.. I think what happens is something in the framework gets corrupt and at that point you're screwed.

Have you tried installing like v1.62 or v1.5 via Breezy? You can download prior versions HERE
    White 3G

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    I dunno.. But I still have not left summerboard 1.5 lol. I think its the best one out there... Mix it with dockswap and your set =)
    Yeah, it's like dockswap was made for summerboard specifically. I'm on sb 1.7, and it works fine. I've actually never had an issue with any version of summerboard.

The dimming is annoying, but now that I've designed all my themes around it, would be a pain for it to switch back....just set SBDockBG2 to 75% opacity and it'll blend.
    75% still doesn't quite do the job. Not sure what else to do though.
    Last edited by tonydrone; 09-09-2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have not had any issues with summerboard either. Every version I have had has worked fine, including 1.7. I would still like to be able to turn the dim off and on. I am with Loring, get the dockswap app, and these two together rock (oh...and rSBT).
    Last edited by SiddallStudios; 09-09-2007 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks

So, I don't know why it works for others but not for me, but I was forced to restore due to 1.7, as soon as I reinstalled it - problem was back! Black screen, unresponsive. Used Breezy to try 1.6 and 1.6.1, same problem. Went to 1.5 - problem gone. Works fine. I notice 1.5 doesn't have dimming - does anyone know the dimming mechanism Summerboard uses? I think that could be what's broken on my phone - although odd that it would still happen on a freshly restored phone.

So, I don't know why it works for others but not for me, but I was forced to restore due to 1.7, as soon as I reinstalled it - problem was back! Black screen, unresponsive. Used Breezy to try 1.6 and 1.6.1, same problem. Went to 1.5 - problem gone. Works fine. I notice 1.5 doesn't have dimming - does anyone know the dimming mechanism Summerboard uses? I think that could be what's broken on my phone - although odd that it would still happen on a freshly restored phone.
    Well that's cool... that you didn't have to restore. Loring prefers v1.5 too.

Re: dimming, it's a CoreGraphic function, done in programming. You can see it in iLauncher too, when it loads the dock, the wallpaper is dimmed.
    White 3G

ok, I got it working. I unistalled 1.7 using installer. Rebooted. I installed 1.5 using iBricker. Rebooted. Installed 1.7 using installer. Rebooted. Now 1.7 summerboard is on the phone and running great. Hopefully I won't have to do anything like that again.

Thanks

Followed the same method as above, 1.7 (and in fact anything over 1.5) is totally unusable. Should be an upright bass and 16 icons + 5 on the dock. I get this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -summerboard17.png  

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i have no issues the dimming doesnt bother me but come on dont youthink they coud give us an icoN? with some settngs liek for real? the dimming, the scrollsing speed, but they need to do is have a lock for the scrolling. like in the weather portion, it just doesnt stop half way threw on a city, it has like a lock kinda thing to make sure its what you wanted to pick, but anyways they need to do ALOT of work and they have done nothing as far as i can see. or tell.

they need a change log, and they need to listen to what we say, they need to add the stuff we think of, i know that sounds a little pushy but alot of the ideas we come up with over hear are very well, i wish theyd work with us a little