+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Overclock the iPhone/iPod Touch?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Alright I have been up all night doing countless research on how to overclock the iphone's ARM processor. The information that i gathered was that the iPhone's ARM processor is
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default How to Overclock the iPhone/iPod Touch?
    Alright I have been up all night doing countless research on how to overclock the iphone's ARM processor. The information that i gathered was that the iPhone's ARM processor is capable of speeds of 600mhz, but Apple underclocked it to 400mhz. Then in the 1.1.2 update Apple overclocked it to 412mhz, which really wasnt that much of an overclock. I have seen many threads in many forums on how to do this, and nobody would answer or post any info on how to overclock.

They would just come and say "Why would you want to overclock the iPhone? Its dangerous." And i never got the answer. So can someone do me a humongous favor by just telling me straight forward about how to overclock the iphone instead of just asking me questions? lol

Thanks.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

simple answer you cant only apple has through FW updates
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Thanks

im pretty sure there are other ways around this (as there is with almost any other smart phone/pda)

The only reason you would want to overclock is for emulators since everything else is specific to the iphone anyways.

Green Apple
    Thanks

they probably underclocked it for battery life..
    Last edited by Eric.Catalyst; 12-29-2008 at 11:50 PM.
    -Eric

-White iPhone 3GS 32GB. (For SALE)
    -15" MacBook Pro. Aluminum.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dejawoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Battery life is one of the most important thing to mobile devices(also notebooks).But the overclocking is increasing your device cpu heat&decreasing the battery life.On desktop computers we have a fan to decrease our cpu heat.But what about on iphone?Maybe we should have a fan on it?
    P.s:I heart that the IPodTouch(or new gen) is working on 532 mhz.!

Thanks

So can anybody please lead me to a link that has a program that overclocks the iPhone? I am tired of slow speed in my games. And I want to render things faster like the iPhone 3GS.

By the way I don't care about battery life. Just lead me to something....thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

**EDIT CPJR- Useless.**
    Last edited by cpjr; 06-29-2009 at 02:23 PM.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

You cant, there is no method out for overclocking the iphone. Thats why you cant find it nor get an answer about it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i typed almost the exact same question exept i looked for 48 hours :-) but havent found anything. i'm doing reaserch on the basic linux system to see if i can come up with something but dont count on it, please save me the hassle and post a solution to this problem so i wont have to do this. iv benn at it for 3 days after the 48 hours on and off but please post somthing for me thanks

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

What would you like posted.

This thread is 7 months old...and no solution. Because there isnt one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well the other messages were posted like only a few hours ago and well there's still people who want there iPod touch first generation or any iPod touch or iPhone over clocked still and I'm one if them, they update it through the firmware update so can't some one just edit the firmware to change the read only to read wight in sysctl... Sytem file? Anythings possible with the firmware file, jailbreak and the ability to update the iPhone with the firmware update.

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    What would you like posted.

This thread is 7 months old...and no solution. Because there isnt one.
    Huh? There isn't one yet - The ARM processor is a CPU - with a clock speed - that has already been adjusted. Where have you been? The tool hasn't been made yet, sure. It may be a really bad idea - but the fact remains it can be done. I would be happy with a 5 to 10% bump... That is certainly in the realm of possibility.

Thanks

Well thanks guys for the answers. Way better than when I asked this question before...

If I could get my iPhone up to 532mhz I'd be very happy. No need for 600mhz though I don't think you can tell the difference past 532mhz I tried the 3GS. If no one wants to do it, then I'll have a go at it. I'm a n00b, but it's possible.

Thanks

I think all of you iphone users are wusses. Granted, i love my iphone, and i hate windows based phones. Mogul and touchpro owner here. but you know what, someone ask for an overclock and everyone jumps the band wagon to figure out how to do it. instead of everyone bashing, maybe someone should help out. plus its not your phone, no one is making you do crap.

ill be watching this one and hopefully see some thing actually come from this. id over clock my phone... why not.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Amazing but true
    The G1 is less than a year old and I already overclocked it from 300 something to 528mhz..not noticeable battery changes whatsoever. I think if we seriously had a team that could focus on making the iPhone OS less resources-consuming, something like a tweaked version of the OS, we could get a better and a faster phone. guaranteed.

Thanks

thats something i dont see being done either. the windows based communities have many people making new roms to load on to the phone... ours still looks the same. no matter what we do, it still looks like and acts like a duck.

make my phone faster, by what ever means. i cant see the greatest phone in the world not being able to be faster by "simple" hacks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well it can b overclocked it's been done here is the link http://www.*****************/showthread.php?t=1866

oo3
    Thanks

I followed some instructions I found on another forum which contains editing a plist and changed the clock speed from 457 to 533 and rebooted, but not sure if it made a difference. It seems spunkier but it could be a mental thing...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to oo3 For This Useful Post:

slidingmike (09-22-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    I followed some instructions I found on another forum which contains editing a plist and changed the clock speed from 457 to 533 and rebooted, but not sure if it made a difference. It seems spunkier but it could be a mental thing...
    what no link?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast