+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: openssh 1.1.4 doesn't show?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I'm sorry I have searched and the only thread i can find said that by reinstalling openssh will fix the problem, but for me it doesnt. I have a fresh
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Question openssh 1.1.4 doesn't show?
    I'm sorry I have searched and the only thread i can find said that by reinstalling openssh will fix the problem, but for me it doesnt.

I have a fresh restore of 1.1.4 then used ziphone to jailbreak unlock and activate.

I installed BSD subsystem then openssh but it doesnt show. I tried using winscp anyway with the correct ip but it times out (even given the extra 30-35 seconds on initial connect)

I dont know what else to try now, so any response greatly appreciated.

thanks

Thanks
    Same problem here. I even tried unistalling openSSH from installer and installing it through Cydia... Still no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Thx

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok, fixed, in WinSCP I was typing in the username and password in the connection box then trying to connect
    However, leaving it blank and letting it connect FIRST, then waiting for winscp to ask me for usename and password works perfectly as long as the screen is not locked.
    If the screen locks and switches off, you will need to reconnect.

Im not sure if BossPrefs is a requirement also? If you dont have bosstools and the above doesnt work, install it.

hope this helps