Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: nes game genie

Default nes game genie
    hello, first post here. i was just wondering if someone could tell me how to save cheat codes onto the nes app. once i put them in i go back to the game and they're not there anymore (they don't work and when i go back to the preferences it's not there anymore.) and yes i do have the game genie turned on.
    thanks in advance

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

really? i was almost sure you could.. at least at some point. i actually have never used a game genie code on my iPhone, but i once discovered a lot of my games had a .gam or .gen or something along with their .sav, when i opened it said something like ( Empty ) ; ( Empty ) ; (Empty) ; (Empty) ; I'm not exactly sure, but i thought the coorelated to the Game Genie slots

Thanks
    I had the same problem with the game genie not saving codes. The weird thing is I never had the problem until I update the NES.app to v1.0.0 RC4. I ended up going to back to version 1.00 RC2 and it works fine now. Hope this helps.

Easiest way I've found to save Genie codes and also have the most recent version is to actually keep two Nintendo apps on at once. Use a version below v1.0.0 RC4 (I use 0.99.0) to write the genie codes. Then play using the most recent version. It has no problems actually reading genie codes from the file, it just won't write them.

If you are annoyed by an extra Nin icon, just hide the older version in a folder other than Apps (or a folder in Apps).