+ Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iLog is now MobileLog?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
From iXtension: Dear Customer, please be informed that, due to legal grounds, we were forced to change the name of the iLog application to MobileLog. A software update has been
...
  1. #1
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Default iLog is now MobileLog?
    From iXtension:

    Dear Customer,

    please be informed that, due to legal grounds, we were forced to change the name of the iLog application to MobileLog.

    A software update has been prepared. It contains the following new functions:
    1. Possibility to define a record limitation for the number of records to be shown in the "Recents";
    2. Automatic/Manual removal of old calls from the Mobile log database;
    3. Support for VCard import (Contact) received via SMS;
    4. Call info support for unknown numbers;
    5. "Text Message", "Add to Favourites" function for unknown contacts.

    Additionally some problems have been solved and now:
    1. The application does not hang up during start-up;
    2. The application continues operating while switching to the SMS menu;
    3. The error arising while creating a new contact for an unknown call in the "Recents" function has been eliminated.

    The new update is free of charge for the existing customers. To install it, please remove the iLog component first.
    Sorry for any inconveniencies caused.

    We thank you for using MobileLog!
    Your iXtension Team

    This was sent to me on Dec. 16th. I have yet to see this new version pop up in either Cydia or Installer. When I go to ixtension.com and click the link for installation instructions it gives an error 404 Not Found. Anyone else having issues?!

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    From iXtension:

    Dear Customer,

    please be informed that, due to legal grounds, we were forced to change the name of the iLog application to MobileLog.

    A software update has been prepared. It contains the following new functions:
    1. Possibility to define a record limitation for the number of records to be shown in the "Recents";
    2. Automatic/Manual removal of old calls from the Mobile log database;
    3. Support for VCard import (Contact) received via SMS;
    4. Call info support for unknown numbers;
    5. "Text Message", "Add to Favourites" function for unknown contacts.

    Additionally some problems have been solved and now:
    1. The application does not hang up during start-up;
    2. The application continues operating while switching to the SMS menu;
    3. The error arising while creating a new contact for an unknown call in the "Recents" function has been eliminated.

    The new update is free of charge for the existing customers. To install it, please remove the iLog component first.
    Sorry for any inconveniencies caused.

    We thank you for using MobileLog!
    Your iXtension Team

    This was sent to me on Dec. 16th. I have yet to see this new version pop up in either Cydia or Installer. When I go to ixtension.com and click the link for installation instructions it gives an error 404 Not Found. Anyone else having issues?!
    Poseidon, I had the same question and emailed them. This is what I was sent:

    You can install the MobileLog application from Installer by following the next steps:
    1. You need to have Installer Application on you iPhone. You can found instructions at: Installer.app - iPhone Apps, iPhone 3G apps and iPod touch Applications Gallery appsafari.com
    2. Run Installer and go to "Sources" screen, there tap "Edit" and press "+".
    This will bring you to "New Source" screen. Type there
    "http://ixtension.com/repo" and press done.
    3. Go to Categories and under "Utilities" find "MobileLog". Now you can install it.

    We also distribute MobileLog in Cydia over iClarified portal. You could find it there in few days.
    Detailed instruction how to setup Cydia repository for iClarified you can
    find: iClarified - iPhone - How to Add the iClarified Source to Cydia

    Best Regards,
    Jane Kaminskaya
    iXtension Support Team

    I don't have installer so I am waiting on the Cydia source.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to NArush For This Useful Post:

    Poseidon79 (12-21-2008)

  4. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Worked! Thanks for the reply I hope they get it up on Cydia for you. I know iSpazio and iClarified hosted iLog.

  5. #4
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Thumbs down Problem with MobileLog
    The biggest trouble with the new MobileLog is when you replace Recents with the original MobilePhone app, you dont get anymore the little red notifications over the Phone icon!!!!
    Which is very frustrating, considering that Replace Recents IS THE MOST USEFUL FEATURE OF MOBILELOG!!!!!!!!
    PS: When you reboot your iphone, you will get one red notification, and then you have to reboot your iphone to get another one!This is a big bug, and I notified the ixtension team about it!!!!

  6. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    874
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 385 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    Poseidon, I had the same question and emailed them. This is what I was sent:

    You can install the MobileLog application from Installer by following the next steps:
    1. You need to have Installer Application on you iPhone. You can found instructions at: Installer.app - iPhone Apps, iPhone 3G apps and iPod touch Applications Gallery appsafari.com
    2. Run Installer and go to "Sources" screen, there tap "Edit" and press "+".
    This will bring you to "New Source" screen. Type there
    "http://ixtension.com/repo" and press done.
    3. Go to Categories and under "Utilities" find "MobileLog". Now you can install it.

    We also distribute MobileLog in Cydia over iClarified portal. You could find it there in few days.
    Detailed instruction how to setup Cydia repository for iClarified you can
    find: iClarified - iPhone - How to Add the iClarified Source to Cydia

    Best Regards,
    Jane Kaminskaya
    iXtension Support Team

    I don't have installer so I am waiting on the Cydia source.
    At least you got a reply to your email. I received the same notice, and emailed them over a week ago with the same question, and never heard back. It was only because of searching and finding this thread that I was able to download MobileLog. Thanks.

  7. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I just updated to firmware 2.2.1 and i put the repo into Installer but I dont see mobilelog, the source is being refreshed properly, does anyone know whats up with that?

  8. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MaliciousScript View Post
    I just updated to firmware 2.2.1 and i put the repo into Installer but I dont see mobilelog, the source is being refreshed properly, does anyone know whats up with that?
    Well, now you can find it either via iClarified (Mobilelog "2.2.0") repository and iSpazio (which is one of the Cydia base repos), as 2.2 .

    For me the problem is, after restore the iPhone to 2.2.1 fw, mobilelog never worked again! It installs but hangs at startup, after two seconds of a black screen. Three attempts of a fresh restore/QuickPwn and no luck...

    Is anybody experienced the same?
    I hope they would launch "2.2.1 mobilelog" soon, it's the only jailbreak app I've ever paid for... it's incredible that Apple made a phone app so lacking of essential features, like these ones from mobilelog.


    Has anybody managed to get mobilelog working in a 2.2.1 fw?
    If anyone knows some workaround on this, I'll appreciate. Thanks.

  9. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    874
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 385 Times in 145 Posts

    MobileLog 2.2 works perfectly on my 2.2.1 iPhone3G

  10. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    MObileLog is one of the best apps that i have come across with the phone.....but there seems to be a slight problem with this

    When ever i receive or make a call (with the replace recents ON) the default recents app does not re-fresh the call list i have to Kill the Phone app with the use of Process on SBSettings and then re-lunch it again or reboot the device.....anyone with the same problem????......any ideas of what the solution may be or what might be causing this????

    Yah one more thing the MobileLog app does not have this probelm



    .

  11. #10
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    MObileLog is one of the best apps that i have come across with the phone.....but there seems to be a slight problem with this

    When ever i receive or make a call (with the replace recents ON) the default recents app does not re-fresh the call list i have to Kill the Phone app with the use of Process on SBSettings and then re-lunch it again or reboot the device.....anyone with the same problem????......any ideas of what the solution may be or what might be causing this????

    Yah one more thing the MobileLog app does not have this probelm



    .
    I have this exact problem with mobilelog. When the replace recent call part is on it does not display the most recent missed calls or failed until you reopen mobilelog and click recents there then it'll be refreshed in the original phoneapp. This is ******** and makes the whole program pretty useless. I have it installed still but disabled this feature bc of the issue.
    This problem should be addressed immediately for all the paying customers!! What's the deal i've read there is terrible support from iXtension. I sent an email in a while back never got a response.

  12. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Mobilelog 2.2/2.3 incompatible with OS 3.0?
    I've just jailbroken my iPhone 3G on OS 3.0 just so I can use this program as I was heartbroken to find Apple has resolutely refused to provide satisfactory call and text information for its iPhone users.

    But when I install Mobilelog 2.2 or 2.3, the app crashes more or less as soon as it has started. Does this mean it is incompatible with the new OS? On the iXtension website, it doesn't even mention they have released a 2.3 version so I don't know what is going on.

  13. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aust
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by njstone9 View Post
    But when I install Mobilelog 2.2 or 2.3, the app crashes more or less as soon as it has started. Does this mean it is incompatible with the new OS? On the iXtension website, it doesn't even mention they have released a 2.3 version so I don't know what is going on.
    Same, also you cant access your phone keyboard etc. If you do make a call from your contact list only way to end the call is to turn ph off.

    Removing or reinstall only ends in errors & it crashes. So back to restore & jb again.

    Be good if this is sorted pretty quick.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts