Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Retain Black Springboard with Summerboard HOW!!

Default Retain Black Springboard with Summerboard HOW!!
    I am wondering if anyone has figured this out. How can I keep a black background on the springboard when I use Summerboard. I hate having that color picture behind my icons, it is supposed to be black for a reason so I can see my icons clearly. So if anyone knows how to do this while at the same time not changing my unlock screen to black that would be greatly appreciated!

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Its not possible at this point. I think we would need ask null river to add the option to pick two wall papers.

I dont think there is a way yet

with a little tinkering, you can add a black (or in the attached photo, brown) background. i created an album of alternate backgrounds in iphoto and have them synced so they're always around.

if you prefer an alternate dock, replace the dock image as suggested. with summerboard, there is a black overlay with 25% transparency atop the background. if you have a square dock, no need to do anything, but if you have a custom dock like in this screenshot, you may need to compensate for the transparency in your dock image.

on a sidenote, it would be great to have a different image for the summerboard background. i prefer to have a lock background as a photograph, and maintain a clean interface for the summerboard.

Thanks for the suggestions - I simply don't get why anyone would want an image behind a bunch of icons it is simply ugly. I'm stuck with a black unlock screen until I can get this fixed. I just wish there was customizable options out there for summerboard.

Not to say that I don't love this - I do - amazing work however figured this one out - !!!! but please let us have an option to retain the original iPhone background.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Here I just use this image and it works fine.

Oh I see yah the unlock screen kinda sucks, but this is about the only way right now.. the joy of being on the front end of hacking tools.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 09-08-2007 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I have no idea 'how' to suggest this to the SummerBoard developer, but this process would meet both needs.

During the install process, SummerBoard duplicates the current LockBackground.jpg and calls it (anything), lets use LockBackground2.jpg and calls that in the programming of SummerBoard. This would allow many the ability to set whatever file for a background. I could also add that file to the iSwitcher process. In fact someone could make up a bunch of iSwitcher "backgrounds" and have them as themes. If the theme doesn't have any icons it still does all the other work. You could even use the background image as the iSwitcher preview. Actually that would work right now with the current release if iSwitcher because it installs the LockBackground.jpg if one is in the theme folder. Would be nice, but again I haven't a clue how to suggest it to the developer.
    White 3G

I've been having this problem, too. I have a really tight dock, but unless I make it so it covers the entire icon the transparent space is black and my background (until I changed it by taking a picture covering the camera AKA black) kinda made it look ugly. Here are some photos:

Either I want my dock transparent or the ability to change my SummerBoard background .