Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: setting permissions?

Default setting permissions?
    i have a problem with setting permissions. i dont have a wifi connection at home so i tried using "Squid" and "Finder" but they dont appear to be working. when i change them and then go back in to see if it changed or not it just keeps going back to the Original settings. i also tried "Term-v100" and it dosnt seem to work at all, it pops up a black screen with the work "Password" at the top. i read somewhere the password should be admin or root (one of those) but when i type it in, it doesnt even show up. so i just thought it was hidden (do to it being a password) but all it does then is say "incorrect login" so what can i do now? i cant think of any other way to change these silly permissions..........

thank,
    -meberra

try alpine as the password

you can also try dottie as the password

it still wont let me type anything for the password

Squid or Finder is the easiest way to change permissions... Can you tell what is your problem exactly?

Oh by the way;
    when you open it will say :
    Login :
    Password :
    Login is root
    Password can be alpine or dottie if you didnt change it.
    Last edited by Clinkz; 03-02-2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i know...... but as i said, squid and finder are not working its just not changing them. and Term-v100 wont let me type anything at all for the password.