Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My problem with Summerboard/Springboard...

Default My problem with Summerboard/Springboard...
    Ok I love it! But, every once in awhile (at least 2 times a day since I use it all the time), the springboard goes away... I am guessing due to summerboard. Anybody have any ideas? I have to restart the phone to get it to work...just locking/unlocking doesn't fix it.

Here is a pic showing what happens and what its suppose to look like...(don't make fun of my theme )

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

First off, you should upload your theme Even if it's not going to go mainstream, there's probably at least 1 person that would love it.

regarding summerboard blackouts, I had the same thing happening to me earlier this week. I uninstalled and reinstalled summerboard (v1.62) and it has been fine since. I'm not sure what the exact issue is, but i found that having dock 2.0 and summerboard has been a very complimentary setup as I can still run apps if i do hit a blackout via the dock starburst
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Thanks, I will re-install and see if that helps. I do have dock also, as you can see in my pic ;-)

I would upload it but I have yet to hear anybody say they want it...also the map icon is kind of specific to my hunting lease lol. But, I guess I could easily give them the old one. Haha...

hey, ive been looking for an ipod icon that is tilted like that, can you post it here or provide a link to where i can get it please?

thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bowhuntr11 For This Useful Post:

bonefish (09-08-2007)

My summerboard is doing this as well but it does it all the time so it's unusable right now. The only thing I can do is uninstall it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kelmk View Post
    My summerboard is doing this as well but it does it all the time so it's unusable right now. The only thing I can do is uninstall it.
    Same here, had to uninstall it and have not installed anything back for 2 days now; waiting to see if anything major is going to happen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

mine works flawlessly.

Yea, I haven't had a single problem with summerboard.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

and i dont use Dock.
    but i do use rSBT, which works perfectly with summerboard.
    i don't see why people use dock and summerboard.

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    and i dont use Dock.
    but i do use rSBT, which works perfectly with summerboard.
    i don't see why people use dock and summerboard.
    Because Dock allows you to switch applications while you're in other applications.

I find it quite annoying to have to go Home first to get into another application. With Dock, you skip that step.

It also gives you access to hidden applications. I've hidden a lot of apps through rSBT, but I know I can still get to them through Dock when I want to.

However, Summerboard is still a lot more convenient (bigger static buttons will always make for better user experience).

It's all about Fitts's Law: The time to acquire a target is a function of the distance to and size of the target.

Both Summerboard and Dock speed up access to applications. Hence, both are useful.

I love your theme. Very individualistic. Cool to see what folks are doing on their iPhones