+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I Search Email and Display HTML Mail?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I've tried to Cydia apps, Search by Edward Choh, and Mail Search by Omar Mody and both seem to search my email ok. ( not great, but ok) But neither
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Can I Search Email and Display HTML Mail?
    I've tried to Cydia apps, Search by Edward Choh, and Mail Search by Omar Mody and both seem to search my email ok. ( not great, but ok) But neither seem to display any HTML mail.

Is there any option that will allow me to search all of my mail and display the HTML messages? And it doesn't have to be fancy HTML messages, even messages that are generated with Rich Text or HTML formatting for bold and italics won't display in these search programs.

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i would be interested to find out more about these jailbreak email search apps.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What do you want to know? Jailbreak and install Cydia and search for "Search" and it will bring up several programs, the two I've listed above are among the results. Unfortunately, since I get so much email that is Rich Text or HTML format the programs are not very useful.

At least it points me to the right date when I received the email, then I can open mail and scroll to that date to find the email.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i was under the impression that it opened the email the default iphone email app once you found it. is that not the case with any of the two?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    No it doesn't open the email app. But I just heard back from Omar and he said he will be posting an update soon, that hopefully will fix my problem.