+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with Joost and voipover3g

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I am trying to use Joost over my 3G network. I am using voipover3g and added the bundle com.joost.joost to the .plist file. But when I try streaming an error
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Problem with Joost and voipover3g
    I am trying to use Joost over my 3G network. I am using voipover3g and added the bundle com.joost.joost to the .plist file. But when I try streaming an error comes up saying "Playback Error. The connection to the server was lost. This may be because of poor network connection quality. Please try again later."

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it actually because of poor network connection quality or is it because of the voipover3g?
    Last edited by jsharpe; 11-29-2008 at 08:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I read on tuaw I believe that it was a problem with joost application and there servers have you tried it with wifi the article also said a fix was coming soon

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default also
    jsharpie,

you might also want to try rebooting the iPhone once your done editing the plist file, I had the same problem but after I rebooted it worked (sort of)

There are known issues that Joost is trying to resolve where the video is cut short with an error about the connection being dropped. So my suggestion is to try out different videos on Joost while on 3G, some work some dont. I find the shorter low quality ones work well, and the longer higher qualities I get the error.

The next version of the Joost app should resolve the issues.

Hope this helps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah I always reboot my iPhone after editing the .plist file. I was able to view music videos (once in a while) but I was unable to view the larger video files like tv shows.