+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I find my stuff on the iphone browser?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi guys. I bought my iphone 3g a couple of days ago and have jailbroken it using pwned. I downloaded the "iphone browser" application to my windows xp computer so
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default How can I find my stuff on the iphone browser?
    Hi guys. I bought my iphone 3g a couple of days ago and have jailbroken it using pwned. I downloaded the "iphone browser" application to my windows xp computer so that I could add and remove files wthout using itunes.

The iphone browser works fine, except I cannot locate my videos or mp3s in the file system that the iphone browser displays. I access these items using the ipod button on my iphone. I'm sure they must be within the iphone browser file structure somewhere, but I have looked through it extensively and cannot locate them.

How do I find these files??

Help much-appreciated.

Thanks

Well music is stored in:
    /var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Music

BUT, this will NOT help if you are trying to drag and drop music into this folder.... Itunes scrambles the name and information of the song

Music must be synced to the iphone through itunes in order to use the ipod app on the iphone...

THERE IS HOWEVER, an alternative to the ipod app... a VERY SMART DEV created an app that mimics the ipod app but also lets you search different folders on your iphone for music.... which means, you can create a folder and drag and drop your music to that folder, then use PWNPLAYER in cydia to search those folders you made and bam! music without itunes...

Hope this helps, if it does, hit that thanks button
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)