Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: what is this and how do i get rid of it? (sbsettings related?)

Default what is this and how do i get rid of it? (sbsettings related?)
    i recently jailbroke my 16gb iphone 3g, FW 2.2.
    i've installed a few apps. sbsettings, quickgold, pdanet...

anyway, when i swipe the status bar to bring up sbsettings, two windows drop down. one on top of each other. the first window shown here below, looks like sbsettings but different. then, the sbsettings window drops down on top of it.

sbsettings won't function at first. and the springboard is greyed out. when i click on the springboard and the mystery window slides up... sbsettings works. while sbsettings is open, i can swipe the status bar again and bring this other window down.

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling sbsettings...no luck. and, when sbsettings is uninstalled, swiping the status bar still brings up this window picture below.

does anyone know what this is and how to deal with it? i'd like it to go away forever. thanks.

Last edited by tchandler; 11-27-2008 at 09:10 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

do you use installer? If so that looks like the hood app released by RiPDev yesterday. Go into installer and look for hood app and uninstall it....
    Hope this helps!

edit: i dont believe you can get that app with cydia but if you dont use installer i would go and check cydia for an app called "hood"

Let me know how it turns out...
    Last edited by ltjbigshot; 11-27-2008 at 09:37 PM.
    Sent from my iPad

yes! that was it. how strange though, because i never installed hood and hadn't even opened installer. hm.
    thank you very much ltjbigshot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Where did you get your firmware from? Did you make it custom or download it? Because if you downloaded it, the maker probably customized it with his/her packages, then posted the file.
    iPhone 4 Running 6.1.2 on TMo
    iPad WiFi 64GB
    MacBook Pro