Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you find you iphone's IP address???

Default How do you find you iphone's IP address???
    I have wifi connection from my neighbor but i dont have a router in my house. Will it still work and will my iphone still be connected to the my computer? Thank you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Settings> WiFi> Hit the blue Arrow on your WiFi Provider> Make sure its on DHCP and the first one says IP Address, there you go!
    <*~Andrea~*>
    iPhone 1st Gen. 8GB
    Unlocked/Jailbroken 2.1
    Windows Vista

yea i found that but its saying Network error: connection has timed out

i checked my firewall and its turned off.

im trying to connect it with winscp.

this is what im trying to do.

How to watch TV on the iPhone? | KnowHow

it firmly states in the instructions that if you dont know what your doing to have someone else do it for you. you need to have openssh installed from cydia to even use winscp. do you have that installed?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok I got that same problem, make sure you have your iPhone plugged into your computer and have OpenSSH downloaded on your phone, what you need is iPhone Tunnel Suite (sorry I dont have a link, google it) download that onto your pc and open it up...put in your Device Name (Whatever you want) and select your specifics,next is the Network section, make sure it's port:22 and put alpine in the password section...also make sure you write down or remember the numbers in the Tunnel IP section and hit Save. You will get a pop-up saying something in a different laungage, press ok, hit Save again and this time press the X...now go back over to your tunnel icon and double click on it, it should open (give it a few seconds) Once it's open select File Browser that will take you to WinSCP login window now what you do is put in your tunnel's IP Address (The one you wrote down) into the Host Name...Do your root and alpine and make sure you have it on SFTP...Hit Login and there you go it should work! Hope that helps!
    <*~Andrea~*>
    iPhone 1st Gen. 8GB
    Unlocked/Jailbroken 2.1
    Windows Vista