Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does Swirly MMS really work? (legit att customer)

Default Does Swirly MMS really work? (legit att customer)
    If i pay the 8 dollars, does it really work to send and receive picture text messages? Who out there has it?

Also how long would it work if i bought it forever?

dude it works and it works amazing at that. you just have to get everything all set up. thats the hardest part. you can check out the tutorial of how to install it and see how it works here

SwirlySpace User’s Guide
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RompaRoomGang View Post
    If i pay the 8 dollars, does it really work to send and receive picture text messages? Who out there has it?

Also how long would it work if i bought it forever?
    I am an AT&T customer and i do have swirly MMS working on my iphone 3G. "before" you pay the $8 you do get 2 weeks trial period without any restrictions... so you can play with the settings, send/receive media text and see if you like it or not. Then if you think you do like it and is worth $8 then you go ahead and buy it... in my opinion it is worth every penny cosidering that the phone does not come with the option and a 3rd party app is not provided thru the apple store.

Like cricketlang said, it is a bit of a pain to get it to work (specially with AT&T) but once you get it working it will work for as long as you have the application (or at least it should)

good luck!

Ive done every thing i could to get ATT to add mms to my plan. No matter how i tried nor how many times i tried i could not get it added to my plan.. good luck. BTW.. ive tried every method mentioned on these boards.

It's all about the phone call with ATT rep. Basically, you need to have the rep enable your WAP push. (There's 2 places they have to do this within their program called Snooper). You also need to remove your iphone texting plan and substitute it for a generic texting plan ($0 to change). Also, have the rep. clear your vlr's (phone registry) and resend your ota's to your phone (over-the-air activation). Just explain to the rep. that you use your iphone for everything except MMS, and that you use a Razr for your MMS. Say you swap out your sim card into the RAZR for MMS. This will work for you. Then, it's all a matter of having the proper Swirly settings. Use these:

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: leave blank
    Password: leave blank
    Image Size: Maximum
    UserAgent: Nokia N95

lame just got off the phone w/ att..

Was told that they cannot activate MMS for my "razr" because of the razr and iphones data plan...

The lady had no idea what she was talking about because there was someone in the background guiding her to say that.

Any other tips?

Quote Originally Posted by bschucher View Post
    Ive done every thing i could to get ATT to add mms to my plan. No matter how i tried nor how many times i tried i could not get it added to my plan.. good luck. BTW.. ive tried every method mentioned on these boards.

i'm with him, i've never been able to get it to work. I'm an AT&T customer as well. Did they change something or do things differently in the past 3 months?

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine is working on At&t, its a matter of them enabling it on there end

there are members here that are employees of att that are willint to enable mms for you on your plan. do some searching

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

how about all this lucky custumers that got MMS working with ATT put here how each one got this to work so the less unfortunate customers have and idea to follow to see if we get lucky and happy too...

@cricketland: can you point me in the right dirrection to get in contact with this employes???
    Last edited by monchy36; 12-03-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    there are members here that are employees of att that are willint to enable mms for you on your plan. do some searching

I tried that and never got any reply...

there is a new member here who just started doing it. im trying to find him. he is a very nice guy and replies. just let me find him

So ive had a lil update. I bought another iphone and switched the the family plan with the unlimited messaging plan. My understanding was this would get me MMS going with swirly. Still cant get it working with any settings i i have found. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bschucher View Post
    So ive had a lil update. I bought another iphone and switched the the family plan with the unlimited messaging plan. My understanding was this would get me MMS going with swirly. Still cant get it working with any settings i i have found. Any thoughts?
    There are more steps then that. It's posted all over the at&t forums. Try reading a bit, perhaps searching a little also. Mine's been working for over a month now and is still working great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

mine works. i had to get a guy that works at&t provision my account. its been working since Oct 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by phatweese View Post
    You also need to remove your iphone texting plan and substitute it for a generic texting plan ($0 to change).
    I'm at a loss as to what the difference is here. Let's say I get a good rep that will work with me on this and have him/her change me back to a generic texting plan....if all this junk doesn't work, will it be easy for me to switch back to the iPhone texting?