Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: About MxTube & MobileFinder

Default About MxTube & MobileFinder
    I used both of them without any problems on my old firmware.But now im on 2.2 both of them are useless.
    1- MxTube-newest version on Cydia.When i search any video, error says 'not connect to youtube'
    2- MobileFinder-newest version on Cydia.I installed it,but it isnt over there&i dont know where it is
    Any advise,thnks for ur help...

Thanks

Both apps work fine for me.

MxTube - did you reboot your iphone after installation? You need to do that for the app to complete its installation.

MobileFinder - do you mean you cant see the icon on your springboard? Check to see if you have an extra page of apps. Sometimes when I newly jailbreak an app will end up on a separate page with several blank pages in between. Mostly this happens when I start putting apps into folders, but way back when i was new to this i thought I lost Installer. Look at the springboard "dots" and that will tell you if yo have any "extra" pages.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

MxTube works perfectly fine for me. I'm on 2.2 quickpwned.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

I read the description about MobileFinder on Cydia: 'unfortunately,the authors of MobileFinder never ported it to 2.x.Instead,they built a version for the AppleStore&are selling it'...Then i reeboot the phone again but noway.But wait !!! i installed the mfinder again&that's ok.
    Also i deleted mxtube then reinstalled it but noway it still says 'cannot connect to youtube'Did u take any trouble like this for mxtube?And its trying to connect by youtube mobile not by youtube.com.Is it normal?Anyway i like this app. but it sucks for me.Thnks for ur help...

One thing for mxtube that when i search with mobile finder i can see my old videos i downloaded with mxtube but i cant see them in my mxtube app.videos section.Any idea mods.Thnks for ur help again...
    Last edited by dejawoo; 11-25-2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    I read the description about MobileFinder on Cydia: 'unfortunately,the authors of MobileFinder never ported it to 2.x.Instead,they built a version for the AppleStore&are selling it'...Then i reeboot the phone again but noway.But wait !!! i installed the mfinder again&that's ok.
    Also i deleted mxtube then reinstalled it but noway it still says 'cannot connect to youtube'Did u take any trouble like this for mxtube?And its trying to connect by youtube mobile not by youtube.com.Is it normal?Anyway i like this app. but it sucks for me.Thnks for ur help...

One thing for mxtube that when i search with mobile finder i can see my old videos i downloaded with mxtube but i cant see them in my mxtube app.videos section.Any idea mods.Thnks for ur help again...
    Videos for MxTube need to be in /var/mobile/Media/MxTube However unless you saved your /var/mobile/Library/MxTube folder which has your VideoLibrary.plist you still may not see your downloaded videos in teh app. Also the /var/mobile/Library/MxTube folder should have a file called MxT2_socket - I beleive this is what you need to connect. I also know from many restores and reinstallations that you must reboot the iPhone after installing MxTube for the socket to work correctly.

And yes, MxTube normally works only via YouTube mobile currently.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

dejawoo (11-25-2008)

Dear bhz1
    My old mxtube i had so many videos.Then i upgraded to 2.2&jailbraked.Normally all the videos i had before werent on my mxtube directory.Right.But not on my mxtube app.,but on the file directory on the right part as u said they re over there (in whatever way may be).Is it possible&how?Then i rebooted my phone many times&also they re right directory,why cant i see them on my app.?Thnks for ur effort...