+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LogoMe & 2.2

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
On 2.1 i used LogoMe to change the boot screen. After installing 2.2 Logo me will not work it wont download the necessary files does anyone have any idea on
    Thanks

Default LogoMe & 2.2
    On 2.1 i used LogoMe to change the boot screen. After installing 2.2 Logo me will not work it wont download the necessary files does anyone have any idea on how to fix this or any other way i can change the boot screen to something i want? Any help would be great thanks guys.......

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it will work in time, the jailbreak for 2.2 has only been available for 2 days now, not all developers have updated there apps, eventually this will get updated and will work just like it did before, i would say about a week or so, sit tight!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to icedx2 For This Useful Post:

ceelo2008 (11-24-2008)

Thanks

is there any other way to change the boot screen?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

with winrar extract the quickpwn exe file to another folder in that package there is a file called data you can now replace the boot logos with your own file and then use the exe file within that folder (not the originaal) I know this only work wile jail breaking but it workeg great for me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to innerealm For This Useful Post:

ceelo2008 (11-24-2008)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by innerealm View Post
    with winrar extract the quickpwn exe file to another folder in that package there is a file called data you can now replace the boot logos with your own file and then use the exe file within that folder (not the originaal) I know this only work wile jail breaking but it workeg great for me
    Anyone to confirm this works for already jailbroken iphones (meaning doing a rerun, but only to jailbreak and change the logo)?

Thanks.

• 1st gen iPhone
    • FW 2.2
    • QuickPwned!
    • Telia in Sweden

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sune View Post
    Anyone to confirm this works for already jailbroken iphones (meaning doing a rerun, but only to jailbreak and change the logo)?

Thanks.
    I can't confirm because I haven't done it but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. However, I wouldn't rerun QuickPwn or WinPwn just for the boot logo. It's an overkill. Wait for a new version of LogoMe. BTW, I have never used LogoMe: can you select a picture from your own computer?
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    I can't confirm because I haven't done it but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. However, I wouldn't rerun QuickPwn or WinPwn just for the boot logo. It's an overkill. Wait for a new version of LogoMe. BTW, I have never used LogoMe: can you select a picture from your own computer?
    logo me requires you to use a web address of the picture you want to use

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    Ok, thanks. Just try I guess. Actually LogoMe is a bit irrritating I think. You have to find the exakt correct webaddress (http:// etc) to the picture you'd like to use (example search for bootlogos in Google pictures). You type in the webaddress in LogoMe and it's downloading it and putting it as your bootlogo. If the pic is too large or wrong format LogoMe will let you know. I guess if you can upload your pic from your computer to a website, you can set the address to that picture.

• 1st gen iPhone
    • FW 2.2
    • QuickPwned!
    • Telia in Sweden

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile LogoMe firmware 2.2 on Iphone3g: works!!!
    LOGOME firmware 2.2

You will have noticed that logome not work on the new firmware 2.2, hereís the solution:
    left on ssh / private / var / stash / Applications / LogoMe.app / PwnmetheusBundles
    you will see the different bundles but not those relating to firmware 2.2; unpack with winrar quickpwn 2.2 and the folder data / PwnmetheusBundles take the bundles related to firmware 2.2 and copy in / private / var / stash / Applications / LogoMe.app / PwnmetheusBundles.
    Change the file permissions to info.plst contained in the folders and bundles, set as 755 and remove any files other than info.plst.
    Reboot and enjoy LogoMe fully functional.

Hello!

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

this morning there was an update on cydia for logome. worked just fine.

Thanks
    Lightbulb logome back on 2.2 firmware!
    Logome is working well on 2.2 now after recent cydia update--can now download necessary part of new firmware to flash. Also, another good tip for selecting boot logos is to simply go to ipodtouched.net, find boot logo you prefer (mine is the gears of war logo with an apple logo in place of the gears skull)--you can click the pic then right click to see image properties then highlight .png title and copy it, third go to snurl.com and paste this .png location and snip it to make a much shorter url (such as Snipurl / Snurl / Snipr - Snippetty snip snip with your looong URLs! --instead of such a long title to try in on the logome prompt.) Enjoy, let me know if helpful to anyone, can be done in 5 mins easy.