Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Electric Sheep

Default Electric Sheep
    I was wondering if anybody had the time (if it is possible) to port over a copy of Electric Sheep to the iPhone???

For those of you who don't know, Electric Sheep is a kick *** little screensaver program for Macs and PCs:

http://www.electricsheep.org/

It basically downloads "flocks" or packs of screensavers "sheep," to the computer and runs them in a trippy sequence, you can rate each "sheep" and at the end of the day, the top rated "sheep" are spliced together to make a really amazingly trippy offspring.

Anyway, essentially I just want a program that adds a screensaver to the iphone for when i'm listening to music. And later on, it would be cool if the screensaver would interact with touch on the screen.

Is that too out there or is it a valid application idea?

you tripper
    stoner
    or whatever you like to trip out on.

)

i want it toooo

heh. I'm awaiting this as well. what about itunes g-force???

any sort of visualizer program would be great... even better if it were interactive.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking yeah a screen saver would be killer
    i bet someone is working on it

Are you guys serious? I can't tell if you guys are joking or not. I can't think of why a screen-saver would be useful in any way on the iphone when you can put it to sleep. Why waste battery if you're not using it? The visualizer for music would be cool if it worked with TV-Out, so you can plug the phone on any tv and create a little ambiance

well, basically i want to be able to interact with a visualizer and have it react to my touch because it would just look amazing.

It doesn't serve any useful purpose, but I would at least like to look at a trippy screensaver while listening to Ratatat or Pink Floyd or something.

i think its a good idea.. maybe just a sort of water application where ur finger makes waves or ripples.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Old School Gaming Matrix
    Deviant Art
    "Don't think you can, know you can"

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Are you guys serious? I can't tell if you guys are joking or not. I can't think of why a screen-saver would be useful in any way on the iphone when you can put it to sleep. Why waste battery if you're not using it? The visualizer for music would be cool if it worked with TV-Out, so you can plug the phone on any tv and create a little ambiance
    of course wereserious! Hah. What's the real point of a lot of apps.. Like ibeer or some others? Just to be a badass and gave even more ways to rub your device in others faces ;p

Quote Originally Posted by kargod View Post
    well, basically i want to be able to interact with a visualizer and have it react to my touch because it would just look amazing.
    the screen-saver still baffles me, but this part would be really cool. So yeah, sorry if I came off a bit rude, this isn't a bad idea at all.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

time better spent on other things....
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Quote Originally Posted by lifesmymachine View Post
    time better spent on other things....
    Um...NO....
    half of the time during midnights my iphone sits in it's dock doing nothing!?
    It would be great to have a screensaver of some kind so I have something to stare at when I'm bored. Not essential, but don't you think it would be great?

The iPhone dreams of Electric Sheep!