Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories.app Duplicating App Names on Different Apps

Cool Categories.app Duplicating App Names on Different Apps
    I have an issue with Categories.app that maybe someone can give me some insight on. I have it installed and appears to be working just great and what I want it to do. However I have a two programs that when displayed in the Categories.app show up as the same name for both apps; the name being the actual name for one of the apps. So when I add both apps to the category folder I created it only adds the app for which the name is actually for.

I have attached an image showing what is happening. In the screen shot, the last two apps are MotoChaser and CrashLanding however the MotoChaser name is displaying as Crash Landing. Even if I add both apps to my category, Lander is still on the Springboard and not in the Categories folder and MotoChaser appears in the category folder twice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -categories_duplication_problem.jpg  

There's nothing you can do about it. The same thing happens with Crash Bandicoot/Raging Thunder and iPinball/iPinball Inferno. Without getting the devs to change the names on the identifiers nothing can be done about it.

Thanks Jasper! I figured that this was likely the issue but I wasn't sure if there was some way to fix it. I appreciate your response though.

I am facing similar issues.

Default duplicating app names/icons
    i have the new iphone 3gs, AWESOME!!!! this is the second time this problem has accured. the apps will duplicate their icons with another one i have downloaded. name stays the same but icon changes. any thoughts on why and how i might fix this? thanks