View Poll Results: iRealSMS, BiteSMS, mySMS...Which do you have?

Voters
488. You may not vote on this poll
  • BiteSMS

199 40.78%
  • iRealSMS

202 41.39%
  • mySMS

87 17.83%
+ Reply
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poll: iRealSMS, BiteSMS, MySMS

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Which do you have?
    oo3
    Thanks

Default Poll: iRealSMS, BiteSMS, MySMS
    Which do you have?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to oo3 For This Useful Post:

jimstr (01-17-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

MySMS. Paid for it the day it was released, and never had a problem with it.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbplayer5's Avatar
    Thanks

mySMS is fantastic right now...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I paid for iRealSMS (twice!), and it's still terrible! MySMS is working brilliantly and new versions are being released on a regular basis. With bugs being fixed much quicker than the others. Although biteSMS is pretty good, especially for a free app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocchiararo's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont find anything cool about irealSMS, i mean, its like using an old cell phone for texting (exept on the chat window) :P

i like biteSMS interface, but im giving MySMS a try now.

too bad i cant find (or there is none)the code for delivery reports for personal argentina.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm likin' MySMS better than iReal. Just wish the startup was fast as iReal's.

Thanks

bitesms. Honestly, I don't think I could ever justify having to pay for an sms app on a 'phone', but hey that's just me.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@461am. I agree totally. Seems crazy we must pay for something that should be included by default. Those who have used smartphones for years would clearly understand. In these areas, the default iPhone doesn't even come close. Uggg. The Apple love/hate relationship continues.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Its a tight race!

oo3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Its a tight race!
    Indeed. Which is why I wanted to post a poll instead of trying to keep track of that BiteSMS vs MySMS vs iRealSMS thread.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have all 3.

I like BiteSMS for its simplicity and the fact that its most like the Default SMS app, and its fast.

MySMS/iRealSMS is on par for me. Both lack a few features (Eg. Using an email ID or phone no. received in the message to directly mail some1, or adding them to a contact).

BiteSMS lacks this too. MySMS has a crude implementation [if the no. doesnt have the +digit (+91 for me)] it doesnt work, it shows a blank no, Save to Notes is good though and it lacks Email recognition too.

Its hard choosing between the two, but ill have a review up next week on my website.
    Last edited by Ad1tya; 11-20-2008 at 01:10 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Personally I hated the "boot screen" from mySMS so I moved to iReal. I have yet to have any issues. Still wish I could copy and paste though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awri View Post
    Personally I hated the "boot screen" from mySMS so I moved to iReal. I have yet to have any issues. Still wish I could copy and paste though.
    The boot screen is EASILY changeable. Ive got mine looking just like the default SMS app when loading.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    The boot screen is EASILY changeable. Ive got mine looking just like the default SMS app when loading.
    I think its just the idea of a boot screen that I dislike. I'd rather it load straight to my messages like ireal.

Thanks

I have all three but I use irealSMS the most because it flat out out performs mySMS. I still have problems sending messages somtimes with mySMS and when it works it takes way longer than the default SMS app too send. I have yet to have any problems at all out of irealSMS. It loads quickly, runs smoothly, it's already very stable, and when sending a message it's just as fast (if not faster) than the default SMS app.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

17. The Following User Says Thank You to A_DuB187 For This Useful Post:

deenybird (01-17-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    I still have problems sending messages somtimes with mySMS and when it works it takes way longer than the default SMS app too send.
    I recently decided on trying out mySMS, after having used biteSMS for a while, and am experiencing the same problems as you. It takes incredibly long most of the time to send out a single text. I haven't even used mySMS for an entire day because of this. Is this problem present with only few users? Everyone else seems satisfied..

The only reason I chose mySMS over iReal was simply because if you start a reply text then exit to look at the conversation again, mySMS will load the draft text you saved when you hit reply again. I wish iReal would do this. It was convenient to be able to read the convo while typing a reply in biteSMS/default app; this draft loading would ease the transition into using iReal's separate reply screen.

I'm considering trying iReal, but am weary of incompatibilities considering the new 2.2 fw release. I don't want to buy iReal and, when a JB is released for 2.2, upgrade only to find iReal won't work and then have to wait, indefinitely, for an upgrade and possibly pay for it also. Anyone suggest waiting, or know for sure 2.2 shouldn't break any compatibilities for iReal?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

I have irealsms and I haven't had any issues with it. It's occasionally gotten stuck when switching from landscape to normal viewing, but it loads quick. I also with the conversation view was there when replying in landscape.

I definitely don't think it's worth $8.50 though...geez. It had better work with 2.2FW!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There have been a couple of updates to mySMS in the past few days, make sure you have the latest. Speed increase on load (cut in half for me), haven't had any issues with crashing, and, iirc, the dev is saying that they are working to have the conversation mode viewable while replying. Great app and support, imho. They've helped out privately also, and have a user forum on their site for help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hartphoto View Post
    There have been a couple of updates to mySMS in the past few days, make sure you have the latest. Speed increase on load (cut in half for me), haven't had any issues with crashing, and, iirc, the dev is saying that they are working to have the conversation mode viewable while replying. Great app and support, imho. They've helped out privately also, and have a user forum on their site for help.
    Yep, the Dev seems very active and is working hard to address everyones issues and improve the app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Been having some issues with stability of iReal on 2.2 just so you guys know. Usually happens when I'm typing a message and another one comes in. App will quit unexpectedly. Seems to only happen in Landscape mode as well. Anyone else getting this?

Edit: Seems to quit when in landscape mode when you hit "Send" for me no matter what even though the message sends. Going to try a reinstall and see if it fixes this problem...

Edit 2: Reinstall didn't fix the problem. If anyone else notices this let me know. Hopefully I'm not alone on this one. =/
    Last edited by Tohsh; 11-23-2008 at 02:45 AM.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast