View Poll Results: iRealSMS, BiteSMS, mySMS...Which do you have?

Voters
488. You may not vote on this poll
  • BiteSMS

199 40.78%
  • iRealSMS

202 41.39%
  • mySMS

87 17.83%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poll: iRealSMS, BiteSMS, MySMS

the quick reply feature in irealsms is great, now i dont have to stop whatever i am doing to reply a text, all it needs now is a simple way to apply themes into it

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    The only problem I have with MySMS is a big delay in sending my messages. Sometimes I have to close the app and restart it and then it works fine, which is a hassle. Overall I like MySMS and will wait for future updates to improve functionality, since I don't text a great deal. Also, I hope they can speed up the application's boot up with NO splash page, that would be great too.

Ive been having the lag when sending with it lately, but as far as the boot time, I think its pretty good on mine, also the new version has it where you can change the splash screen, I use the black option and it just goes black and then the app opens.

Has anyone figured out how to fix the negative messages bubble that appears on the apple stock sms app after using iRealSMS as the default sms app?

Again, i'd definitely go back to iReal, but in case a firmware update breaks it and i have to go back to the stock app, i'd still like to have all my texts that i had with iReal...

Just for clarification, why use a 3rd party SMS?

My Default SMS app is always instant and runs without glitches. I Text more than I talk on my 3G and I use it all the time. I got Swirly for the MMS purposes but why switch your SMS? Landscape mode? What else?

Could you guys give me the reasons for this to better clarify which of these SMS's is the better app?

Quote Originally Posted by klumsyninja View Post
    Just for clarification, why use a 3rd party SMS?

My Default SMS app is always instant and runs without glitches. I Text more than I talk on my 3G and I use it all the time. I got Swirly for the MMS purposes but why switch your SMS? Landscape mode? What else?

Could you guys give me the reasons for this to better clarify which of these SMS's is the better app?
    me personally....just the landscape mode. it's so much easier and quicker to type...i never found it that difficult to type on the original sms app (i dont have fat fingers by any means) but landscape text messaging just feels so much better.

but aside from just that, these 3rd party apps add a ton more features. like deleting a single text msg, forward a text message, forwarding a friend's contact info straight from the sms app, draft folders, ability to move text messages around to different folders, etc etc etc

irealsms was working just fine for the first little while...now it doesnt work at all. i had to remove it. it doesnt work as the default sms app and the quick reply feature is non existant. it straight up doesnt work at all. i love the app and have paid for it but i think until i do a full restore i am SOL. nothing will beat the quick reply feature once i get it installed right though. i will use that like ALL the time. as a matter of fact thats what i bought the application for was that feature. i could care less about landscape and all that crap...i just want the quick reply feature!!!!
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

i bought and used all three nothing is better than ireal sms

I'm an irealsms user, and I love the app. I use my iPhone a lot for texting. The only thing I don't like is their 'support'.

I've written e-mails numerous times about the lack of WinterBoard support, and they can't take their time to answer 'We're working on it.' or 'We won't work on it, you're f*cked' or something..

Also, I'm pretty much disgusted about the fact that since 2.0.6 came by, whenever I receive a message in my lockscreen, I get "Text from: (XXX) XXX-XXX" instead of "Text from: John Doe". (Yes, the numbers I receive SMS from are already stored in my contacts.) There have been two updates since 2.0.6 (2.0.6.1 & 2.0.6.2) and every update, I've written an e-mail to them.

I wonder if those guys have blacklisted my e-mail account or if frankly, they don't give a damn.

The WinterBoard issue is weird, as 1.x and 2.0beta did work with WB themes, and the "Text from:" issue is something that I believe is very simple to fix. It's not like irealsms had these issues before, it just happened to break a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by colmiak View Post
    i've updated from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6-1 and the quick view feature doesnt work for me

does it work for you? how about others using ireal?? i really want this feature, mysms and irealsms are both tugging on me to choose and with every update i change sides!!
    I've had no trouble at all with QuickReply. Try updating to 2.0.6.2.
    Last edited by punkstar31; 12-09-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to fix the negative messages bubble that appears on the apple stock sms app after using iRealSMS as the default sms app?

Again, i'd definitely go back to iReal, but in case a firmware update breaks it and i have to go back to the stock app, i'd still like to have all my texts that i had with iReal...
    Open up the default TEXT program on your iphone, and delete all the SMSs/conversations, and you shoudl be good to go from there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to liveforit For This Useful Post:

deenybird (12-21-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

quick reply FTW! it definitely has its flaws and limitations but that feature alone would convince me to jailbreak the iphone.

i have an issue replying while in landscape or using quick reply while in landscape mode. like a previous poster, i too have emailed "support" with no response so you've been forwarned, but...overall ireal is a great app!

put quick reply on the list of features to be added to the iphone by apple right below copy and paste!

the other day i closed (pushed close) the quickreply and i ended with a phantom 1 unread message :P

i deleted the sms database with finder to fix it (i could have deleted all the conversations, i know)

i have no problem with iRealSMS not matching numbers to contacts.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone else havin' problems changing the icon/splashcreen on the MySMS App? I change them in the settings, but they dont change after restarting the App lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TBryant82 View Post
    Anyone else havin' problems changing the icon/splashcreen on the MySMS App? I change them in the settings, but they dont change after restarting the App lol
    Nope, mine works great. You might try reinstalling the app.. that might help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmm, I see you have 2.1. I'm thinking this is an issue with 2.2 users! :/

Thanks

The only one I've tried is iRealSMS, so that's the only one I've ever used, overall I'm pretty happy with it.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

I own both mySMS ($4.95) and iREALSMS 2.06 ($13.00)

first, its not 8 dollars.. its 8 euros.. which is 13 bucks.. and way too expensive for a SMS app. sorry...

mySMS hit it on the head with the 4.95 price tag. good job pavel.

now. Interface. mySMS blows iREALSMS out of the water on interface, layout, menus, features, you name it. mySMS is just better.

performance. iREALSMS wins this one. It starts up slower, but it sends instantly. and the quick reply function is amazing. thats the reason i use irealsms is quickreply.

if mySMS can fix the 25 second sending text message issues, and tone down some of the compatibility issues with other 3rd party apps then mySMS will be champ. but for now, i am using iREALSMS 2.0 becuase quickreply is the best feature period.

Im using iReal SMS.. version 2.0.1... I just noticed that when someone send you a phone number in 555-5555 format, it doesnt become a clickable phone number... the stock sms app will highlight it and it becomes a number you can tap to dial or tap to add to contact list. disapointment in that aspect.

I don't think the applications are slow but the firmware. Since I upgraded from 1.1.3 to 2.1 I noticed my phone running applications slower than 1.1.3 - If it was as easy as jailbraking and unlocking 2.1 I would happily go back to the 1.1.3 firmware

is iRealSMS really worth the $13? Im hesitant to buy cause Im scared they are going to update it again and charge to update. I cant imagine they would/ could charge much more though, cause $13 is REALLY pushing it. Not alot of app store apps are even that expensive

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Im using iReal SMS.. version 2.0.1... I just noticed that when someone send you a phone number in 555-5555 format, it doesnt become a clickable phone number... the stock sms app will highlight it and it becomes a number you can tap to dial or tap to add to contact list. disapointment in that aspect.
    last (payed :P) version has no such problem (here at least )

i am not feeling sorry for buying it... and its the most expensive app i have bought.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast