View Poll Results: iRealSMS, BiteSMS, mySMS...Which do you have?

Voters
488. You may not vote on this poll
  • BiteSMS

199 40.78%
  • iRealSMS

202 41.39%
  • mySMS

87 17.83%
+ Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poll: iRealSMS, BiteSMS, MySMS

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
i have all three applications and paid happy with all
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mashom's Avatar
    Thanks

i have all three applications and paid happy with all
    Core To Quad 6600 2.4 Ghz(4x2 MB cache), 1x4 GB RAM(888 MHz)
    Nvidia 512 MB (256 Bit) 7950 GT Graphics Card
    Wireless Mouse,Keyboard,HeadPhone,Wireless BroadBand
    HP W2408 Vivid Color 24" Widescreen Flat LCD Monitor

Green Apple
    Thanks

i went back and forth between mySMS and iRealSMS 2.0 for a couple days. I'm not really sure why I liked mySMS over iRealSMS now looking back. iRealSMS truly out performs mySMS. especially since mySMS was not compatible with status notifier. even thought iRealSMS was expensive, its solid, self-contained notification system, stability and speed won me over. they've been around a while; their experience shows.

Thanks
    For everyday texting I use biteSMS because its free, fast, and simple; I just wish you can see the previous texts in landscape mode.

I completely agree with everyone about mySMS's slow sending. It usually hangs there for 10-15 seconds and 30% of the time doesn't even send and goes to the outbox folder. There is a fix I found for this though. I found out when you're on a call all texts outgoing go through immediately but I don't think you wanna call someone up every to send out a text... If the Devs fix the slow sending speed and maybe actually implement the themes they promised I'll consider replacing biteSMS.

I haven't tried iRealSMS yet but from the reviews it looks worth a try. If only it was cheaper...
    Last edited by JamalJones; 11-24-2008 at 01:34 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h.abdulhamid86 View Post
    i went back and forth between mySMS and iRealSMS 2.0 for a couple days. I'm not really sure why I liked mySMS over iRealSMS now looking back. iRealSMS truly out performs mySMS. especially since mySMS was not compatible with status notifier. even thought iRealSMS was expensive, its solid, self-contained notification system, stability and speed won me over. they've been around a while; their experience shows.
    MySMS is compatible with status notifier, just configure in settings

oo3
    Thanks

I have iReal now and use it simply because it loads a lot faster than the other two. I wish there was a sent status though instead of having the text icon in the taskbar.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocchiararo's Avatar
    Thanks

MySMS has a background mode in version 0.9.4

not that i will use that :P

im considering the option of buying iRealSMS
    i tested it for a while (cracked version, the demo version wasnt suitable for testing), and i like it a LOT, and of course, i want the new features of the new versions :P

the only thing holding me back is the chance of MySMS becoming better, but who knows, ill have to decide this week i guess (im in MySMS now)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    MySMS has a background mode in version 0.9.4

not that i will use that :P

im considering the option of buying iRealSMS
    i tested it for a while (cracked version, the demo version wasnt suitable for testing), and i like it a LOT, and of course, i want the new features of the new versions :P

the only thing holding me back is the chance of MySMS becoming better, but who knows, ill have to decide this week i guess (im in MySMS now)
    yea i bought both of them, and im liking MySMS better for two reasons:
    1. background mode (its experimental but works pretty good)
    2. double hit return to send

the new version of irealsms is supposed to have double hit return to send but it doesnt work for me and my theme doesnt work on it...? like my winterboard theme that changes EVERYTHING (safari, notes, maps, etc) won't change the UI of the new iRealSMS and it reallly bothers me and i tried emailing the devs and they will not respond. when i used the cracked 2.0.1 version my theme works fine on it. idk what it is and it really bothers me, the devs for irealsms suck, mysms has a support forum and its awesome. soon mysms will be faster than ireal which is the only thing holding it back right now.

i officially HATE the irealsms devs, took my money once, gave me a bit of support when i emailed them. took my money again and now will not respond. ****** *** support.

any future buyers should go with mysms because of the price and great support.
    Last edited by colmiak; 11-25-2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Also the fact that you have to pay again to get an upgrade that was supposed to be free... And will probably have to pay a 3rd time for the next upgrade. I bought once. Tricked me once, it won't be twice.

And it was nice how they changed the site to erase any mention of the free upgrades.

Thanks

bite works well for me

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive gone back and forth between the three, I think im gonnas stay with mysms. It seems a lot more like the stock app and it keeps getting better with every update. I had a lot of problems with irealsms crashing on me and I like the icons in mysms a lot better. Bitesms is nice but I dont like the send via carrier thing it looks to aftermarket for my taste.

Thanks

last version of irealSMS now has a quickreply functions, that allows you to reply to the sms you just received without leaving the app you are using.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    last version of irealSMS now has a quickreply functions, that allows you to reply to the sms you just received without leaving the app you are using.
    This has got to be the best feature added in 2.0 up to now.

If they'd only get the Winterboard compatibility working..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punkstar31 View Post
    This has got to be the best feature added in 2.0 up to now.

If they'd only get the Winterboard compatibility working..
    At the least you can change the balloons manually by replacing them in the applications.xxx\irealsms folder.

I don't use sms backgrounds but maybe they work too, i haven't tried.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iRealSMS is soooooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Thanks

slow compared to what ? last time i checked biteSMS it wasnt any faster, and MySMS is was definitly slower.

the default app may be faster, dunno.

pd: i always keep 3 or 4 chats only, and they arent long

Green Apple
    Thanks

slow compared to what ? last time i checked biteSMS it wasnt any faster, and MySMS is was definitly slower.

the default app may be faster, dunno.

pd: i always keep 3 or 4 chats only, and they arent long
    The default app is way faster and silky smooth when scrolling the bubbles in conversation view.

BiteSMS is slightly slower but only very slightly....like a few milliseconds. And its conversation view scroll is slightly choppier....but barely even noticeable. And the send process is almost exactly as fast as the default. Overall it's the closest to the default sms app

iRealSMS is definitely slower in almost every facet. In loading, in scrolling (the scrolling is very choppy) and the send process.

Mind you, im the complete opposite, all my conversation threads began on July 11th and have stayed on my iPhone ever since. a true test of an SMS apps' speed....cause really, if you only have like 4 text msgs, then any app can speed thru them

Banned
    Thanks

iRealSMS from day one and don't know how I lived without. The new quick reply feature makes this app impossible to beat. All you others... It's just a matter of time...

Green Apple
    Thanks

The problem I have with iRealSMS (two problems, actually):

1. It lags the phone in general. I am on 2.2 jailbroken, had only Winterboard and SBSettings. With i RealSMS installed, just swiping home screen pages i could notice the slight lag, and with iRealSMS uninstalled it went away. I installed/uninstalled 4 times just to be sure it actually was iReal.

2. If for whatever reason you can't use iReal anymore and have to go back to using the stock sms app (like maybe when a firmware update breaks it) you're going to end up with NEGATIVE text messages on the stock app, with the only way (at least that i've seen)to get rid of it is to delete every conversation you had through iRealSMS in addition to sending yourself however many text messages it takes to get back to "0."

For example, if you only had 4 total sent/received messages with iReal, on the stock app you would have "-4" showing on the text message notification bubble, and would have to send yourself 4 text messages to get it back to "0" (blank, no notification) and then go into the stock sms app and delete that conversation. Now imagine if you had, say, 700 text messages done through iReal. Not cool, if they find a way to fix this then i might go back....but until then, stock sms app is sufficient for my needs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

The only problem I have with MySMS is a big delay in sending my messages. Sometimes I have to close the app and restart it and then it works fine, which is a hassle. Overall I like MySMS and will wait for future updates to improve functionality, since I don't text a great deal. Also, I hope they can speed up the application's boot up with NO splash page, that would be great too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by volcomc View Post
    iRealSMS from day one and don't know how I lived without. The new quick reply feature makes this app impossible to beat. All you others... It's just a matter of time...
    i've updated from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6-1 and the quick view feature doesnt work for me

does it work for you? how about others using ireal?? i really want this feature, mysms and irealsms are both tugging on me to choose and with every update i change sides!!